Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

I think I am in the right place to introduce myself. My name is Judy and I have had 2 back surgeries for bulging discs and both spinal and foramenal stenosis with compressed nerves at L4-5 and L5-S1. The first surgery was a hemilaminectomy at L4-5 on the right side where the sciatica was the worst, that helped immensely. But I fell on my hip a couple months after the surgery and wound up with spondylolisthesis. I thought I had something wrong with my kidney but it turned out to be my back after all. It worsened over time and i started having sciatic pain on the left. A little over a year ago I had a laminectomy and spinal fusion at L4-S1. I was in the hospital for 6 days and the pain meds made me so nauseated that I could barely keep anything down. But there is no way you could handle the pain without them. When I woke up from the anesthetic my feet were alive with horrendous tingling. Now after a year, I still have tingling and numbness in my legs and feet but it has improved. I also still have pain both with pressure and independent of it on both sides of my buttocks where the S/I joint is. I am looking forward to getting some insight as to these issues and being of help and support to others when I can.
Judy in AZ
Judy in AZ