Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Please try to remember this

dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,859
We read many threads and posts from various members talking about some of the conservative treatments that they had and that they were not successful.

I guess the best way for me to state this is, because they are conservative you may not always get relief right from the start.
Just some of these types of treatment.

• - Spinal Injections (ESI, Trigger Point, Facet, etc)
    - Physical Therapy
    - Aqua Therapy
    - Ultra sound treatments
    - Tens unit
    - Massage therapy
    - Aroma / Relaxation / Music therapy
    - Acupuncture
    - more
Consider yourself lucky if when after the first of any of the above treatments and you got good results. Many times, its about repeating those actions to establish a solid base line.

Physical therapy is probably the best one to illustrate. About 99.9% of the time at your first physical therapy treatment, (after your PT evaluation) you will go home hurting, in pain, and almost wishing you never went. That might even be the case after a couple of treatments. But after a number of sessions, that should start to turn around and you see the positive impact that PT does have.
Its a question of giving it some time.

Injections can be different, especially the ESIs. I have had countless, some worked, some did nothing. There really isnt a way to determine if the ESI is going to help you or not. Even when I did not get relief from the ESI, I went back for more... The injection route was a lot easier than going under the knife.

I know that with the Aroma therapy, it took almost 5 weeks before I started to notice a difference. I had to adjust the various essential oils to find the right one, then I needed to have the right music, etc. But now, even when I have a good flare up, I know I can turn to some Thai relaxation music and put a few drops of essential oil in the diffuser and within a couple of days, I am feeling better.

But to note, nothing is going to happen overnight.
Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com