Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

When you go to see a doctor

dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 10,059
You should always go prepared. I keep all my information on my computer so that I can always update it and bring to all of my visits.

When you go see a doctor, these are the items you should be bringing

• - List of your past medical conditions
    - Diagnosis (if any) of your current medical condition
    - List of your diagnostic tests and their results (recent CD would be great)
    - List of any previous surgery (What it was, when it was, the results, etc)
    - List of all medications that you are taking (include medications you no longer take, but note that)
    - List of any allergies
    - Name of pharmacy(s) that you use
    - Your religious classification (some medical practices want to see this)
So, when you go see a doctor, you can just hand them your report. You would be surprised at just how often they are totally surprised that you have that information or even know it! One nurse told me that she had an elderly patient and they were reviewing his medications.

Nurse: What medications are you taking, when and for what?
Patient: I dont know
Nurse: Then why are you taking them?
Patient: Because my wife tells to

Having all the information regarding your health situation is very important. You can always bring more and if they dont need it, they will tell you so. But it is so much better being prepared then to not have any answer.
Ron DiLauro Veritas-Health Forums Manager
I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
advertisement

Comments

• PlumbTuckeredOutPlumbTuckeredOut Philadelphia, PAPosts: 325
    edited 04/01/2015 - 4:49 PM
    I just started keeping ALL my information on my Kindle (Fire). I can update information while I'm listening to the docs, we can review what went on in the last appointment- (what I heard, what he meant). I can download medical reports and keep stuff "In the cloud" when files are too big for my Kindle. I'm on SSDI and I was able to skimp and save enough for the Kindle and it's been a life saver for medical things. It's painful writing everything out again so handing over my Kindle and allowing medical personnel to read right from it is so helpful!

(I worked in pharmacy and I know how easy it is to say one medication and mean another!)

Sheila

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I took the one less traveled by...... (Robert Frost)
    I still don't know if I should have taken the one that said, "Caution! Dead End" (Me)