Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Minimally invasive laminectomy. Pain control without Percocet?

Back from MIS L3-5 for severe spinal stenosis April 2. Surgery lasted 2.5 hours and send home 3 hours late . Thanks God I found this site and was prepared, rented bed, toilet raiser. Percocet made me so sick I stopped but t it control my pain? Use tylenol 3 and Advil but still have pain When moving around house. Any experience of controlling pain without Percocet?

• edited 04/04/2015 - 3:55 AM
    contact dr minimally invasive you were under for 2.5 hrs call dr you need pain meds now is not the time to try just advil and tylenol. Are you taking meds with food? What strength did they send you home on? Sleep and rest is your best friend in recovery, just the surgical pain will take a few weeks, call i went home on dilaudid, and had to call to switch to percocet not all drugs works for everyone. good luck and speedy recovery and follow everything the dr says this is your back which im learning is your future...:)
    This can't be happening
  • Thanks, will call monday morning. Till then will endure Percocet i guess. Its made me feels like moaning zombie . I never take any narcotic pain killers before.
  • I might call his service like I said not a time to be adding additional suffering to your recovery. we all pay drs for a service yet we all feel like we are bothering them when we have a serious question that might not be "business hours" I would call the service let them know the percocet is making you ill., some medicines are produced to be cut in half now again as stated by the mediators I agree check with your dr but we are all here to give our experiences, maybe taking a medicine that has the ability to be cut in half will give you some relief with less side affects. And maybe you'll feel less zombie like its meant to do that so we rest and recover. LOL
    call and speak to service and tell them medicine is making you sick you are not sleeping and you need advice and would feel the dr should know this asap. Good Luck keep me posted :)
    This can't be happening
  • anddanaanddan Posts: 17
    edited 04/06/2015 - 10:12 AM
    Stopped taking narcotics from yesterday morning. Pain not that bad for now. Had a few hours sleep last night but need change position each 1.5 hours. Went for 10 min walk outside today. Still legs very weak and tired very easily. Called office but they closed for easter Monday :). Dealing with constipation now.
  • just don't go too fast have recovery days in between remember this was a major surgery...
    This can't be happening