Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Us and Them

I wonder
If its not a mispercetion due to our delicate condition...
That the ups and downs we feel are somehow unrelated and different from "normal" people

I wonder if a normal"person has such extreme velocitys and amplitudes of depression,the blues,,or what have you.

Of course they do,but i think in my humblest of opiniation...(yes,a fictitious word ) that of course they do...

But in our spiny conditions,with the danged old monkey on our backs,the extra weight seems to add to the misery.
What think you..ohh wise and long suffering spiny,
Do you think what would normally be a minor inconvenience,is amplifyed by suffering?

Is it a hyper sensitive perception to the "what now..what next!" that adds to the power of the feeling!
Or is it just the never ending toil down in the galleys of the slave ship of pain we live in
The never ending strain. And no hope of relief?

I felt as close to normal today as i have post injury
I laughed a little,cried a little
And was glad for those little moments of forgetfulness.

We are normal
We are just living a different normal
We can speak to the unhurt,yet they cant comprehend...ohh,dont get the Us vs Them vibe..
its not that,compasssion,true compassion comes from wearing out a set of someone elses shoes.

We have a special gift..dang...
Of sensitivity now
Use it

Make the world understand
Who you are
How wonderful and wondrous yove become
Make them able to hear with open heart,not closed mind
Show them how brave you are in the painstorm you live in
Show then the meaning of grace,courage and fortitude in impossible odds

I am asking you to be hero's
I am asking you to not tred the martyrdom trail lightly
Ian asking you to Roar defiance at the 8@$+@£4$