Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

When does your energy return?

I'm 4 months post op from l5s1 fusion and am still so tired. Went back to work for 6 weeks and couldn't handle the workload, stress, or sitting so i had no choice but to resign in order to focus on my health. I can return when I'm better but now I'm wondering when that would be. I'm 52 and otherwise in good health. I've never experienced such low energy in my life. Anyone else feel the same or have any input?

• I had the same surgery, and I didn't go back to work for 4 months, and that was part time. The meds are what exhaust me. I am still on some 2 years later, and just recently started having to use 5 hour energy to get through the day. I also take magnesium, potassium, fish oil and vitamin c.

My thyroid took a dive during that time also, and am on Synthroid for that. You might have some blood work done.
  • DanielCDanielC Posts: 155
    edited 04/09/2015 - 5:29 AM
    I guess you should have your blood checked to see if something is missing.
    If you sleep and eat well and exercise you should feel just fine. Do you exercise? Walking, swimming, stretching? I am 6 weeks post op and my energy levels and stamina are slowly getting to where they used to be.
  • I had some blood work done this past week and am waiting for results. I also started hemorrhaging from a uterine fibroid and that might be part of it. The GYN said the stress from the surgery could cause hormones to get out of control. Now on top of everything, I'm pumped full of hormones to stop the bleeding and facing a likely hysterectomy. The fun never ends :)