Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Bad day

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,622
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:19 AM in Matters of the Heart
Does anyone else find this new point system along with the shadows, stars and whatever else they are using to 'judge' posts tiring?

When my mother died, I traved many times to see and help her despite that travel causing pain and flares, then near the end she asks me to leave because my rotten sister was being mean. When we went to see "hancock" this weekend it really hit home that no one wants me. I don't want to ruin it for anyone else but there is a line that just describes it.
Then I come here and there is all this judgement going on. Who needs it? Are they going to kick someone off for hainvg a hard time?

Anyone else finding this stuff just too much to take?
advertisement

Comments

• who is judging you?and why do ya feel imposed upon?
    if someone is being oppressive,report them ,we dont need any one posting who is scaring or intimidating anyone on the forum...Too bad for them,they need to get some manners.
    Sorryb your having a tough day though...
    Some here are new to the site and think they have a right to run over peoples feelings,maybe inadvertently,but nonetheless, doing it,dont be intimidated K?
    William Garza
    Spine-Health Mod
    erator

Welcome to Spine-Health

• who is it that has bothering you? If you can tell me what is going on through a PM then I promise you that I will look into it immediately. Hold your head up high and hang in there...Miki
  • :) don't be put off by the points and the buddy system and all that. as far as i can see it means absolutely nothing and you should treat it as such. don't let that kind of thing feel judgemental to you. if you are, just ignore it! i hope you would be finding SH a positive place to be and that is what everyone here wants for you. anyone unhappy makes us all unhappy! please talk this over some more and let any of us help that you would. me included. having pain and being unhappy about other things is not how life is meant to be lived! SH is just a baby right now and needs time to grow up and get even better. your input is important for that. Jenny :)
  • Sorry to here your having a bad day,i hope you feel better soon...
  • When you said: "Does anyone else find this new point system along with the shadows, stars and whatever else they are using to 'judge' posts tiring?" did you mean the shadows and stars on the message board index page? Because if you are, that has got nothing to do with judgement; it's for your information... No, really!

If there is a star, or shadows - all that means is that you posted a comment or reply... And that you've read that particular topic. Honestly, I don't think anyone is in a position here to judge (or I hope not, anyway!) - and I also think that's why we all come here.

BUT, if someone is bullying you - let the mods know PDQ!!! They will handle the matter for you.

Hold your head up, Cher! We love and care for you!

Jeaux

• Please don't let the points system make you feel that we are judging you. The points are just to keep track of how much activity a member has on the boards. It doesn't mean squat as to how good their posts are, how well they are liked, or anything like that.

I haven't quite figured out the shadow thing, but when I see a star beside a particular topic, it just means that there is something new since I last visited that thread. It is there for our own benefit, not for judging anyone. It isn't like when we were in pre-school and given stars for good behavior.

Everyone is welcome here at spine-health. Please don't feel isolated or judged. You have joined a community of people who care, and I am always amazed at the level of compassion members have when they rally around someone having a rough time. We are all here to be your friend, so I hope you will continue posting.
    Surviving chronic pain one day at a time, praying for a reprieve because living another 40 years like this doesn't sound too fun!
advertisement