Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Piriformis Muscle

Hi all....A little hx I had a Disc Herniation/bulge at the L5/S1 diagnosed in 2011. Had a microdisectomy done in Nov 2011 which helped for about a year and then the lower back and right leg pain came back. Had another MRI and showed the disc still slightly herniated with disc degeneration...Long story short had another surg this past Dec 2014 (spinal fusion at the L5/S1
Things went great and felt great after the initial healing...Now I am 4 months post op and back to work...All the sudden after going back to work PAIN again....it is sooo frustrating. I get pain in the buttocks when sitting too long or in my car, the drive to work and back kills me. I have the pain starting at my hip and goes through the buttock and into my thigh and then down in my calf and foot. It is not sciatic pain.... I am thinking this pain is being caused by the Piriformis muscle pressing on the sciatic nerve....Anyone else have issues with this post fusion surgery???
CMarie
advertisement