Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

I am new to this forum. I have posted once before without much feedback but thought I give this new topic a try. Among most of the symptoms of fibro (I think I have all but the Fibro fog) the most debilitating is the fatigue. At times I feel like it’s worse than the pain. My pain is never below a pain scale of a 7 but the Fatigue is always at a 10. I can feel my knees buckle when I’m standing and can fall asleep anywhere yet at night its so hard to stay sleeping through the night (Not sure that makes sense or not).

I was just wondering if anyone is experiencing the fatigue this bad and what you do to boost your energy and fight through it. I feel like its taking over my work and personal life and I am not sure how to get through it anymore. Do I have to stop working? I am at a lost and can use some advice.

Thanks guys.....

• itsautonomicitsautonomic LouisianaPosts: 1,806
    edited 04/20/2015 - 4:14 AM
    First step is to make sure you actually have fibro, many things mimic it and can be diagnosible and treatable. Fibro should be your last line of thinking after multiple things are eliminated as a diagnosis.
    Do your due dilegence, trust you know your body and question everything if it does not fit. Advocate for yourself and you will be suprised what will be revealed trusting your body and instinct.
  • Sometimes vitamin B deficiency causes fatigue. You can try a vitamin B-complex and see if energy level improves.
  • itsautonomicitsautonomic LouisianaPosts: 1,806
    edited 04/23/2015 - 2:49 AM
    be careful recommending B vitamins, B vitamin toxicity mimics fibro, MS, autonomic issues etc. To much can cause nerve damage. Talk to doctor first. Dont ever assume all vitiamins are good for you, be tested first for deficiency before taking B vitamins. Normally you should get all you need from food.

PS. I have B6 toxicity, that most likely is partly from a doctor who told me to take B6 without testing me for deficiency
    Do your due dilegence, trust you know your body and question everything if it does not fit. Advocate for yourself and you will be suprised what will be revealed trusting your body and instinct.
  • I am the same I had to give up work luckily I can Locum in the same field so I take on work when I feel ok but lately I tired all the time I literally have to pump myself up with coffee and lucazade I don't know what else to do
  • rcowan92rrcowan92 Albuquerque, NMPosts: 3
    I think you should visit with your doctor and have them do a full workup to check your levels. Many times when someone has a vitamin deficiency you can feel fatigued as I have especially since having gastric bypass surgery I have to stay on top of my vitamins. I also was diagnosed with fibro and the chronic fatigue is horrible right next to the pain. It feels painful sometimes to be fatigued. Usually when I take vitamin d3 it helps
    or whenever I do B12 injections. I was recently diagnosed with ADD and placed on a stimulant and it helps but sometimes I feel overstimulated. Another thing you might want to have checked is your thyroid. It runs in my family and fatigue is sometimes a huge indicator of thyroid issues even if you have fibromyalgia. In the meantime just experiment with different products to see what helps you. Anything natural like herbs. Good luck! 
  • HautemessHautemess San DiegoPosts: 24
    I don't have fibro but I did get Guillain Barré Syndrome October 2014. The fatigue was EXTREME the first year of recovery and I was prescribed Provgil (Modafinil). It's a drug that promotes wakefulness and was originally for narcolepsy.