Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Spinal Injections and linear mass..

Hello everyone! I hope all is well. I have posted on this board numerous times about my chronic lower back issues; spinal stenosis from my L2-S1, along with mild retrolisthesis of my L5-S1. I have tried most of the conservative treatments like oral medications, modification of activities, physical therapy and 5 epidural steroid injections within the past 7-9 months but have been in pain for almost a year. I have seen no improvement in my back pain, although I do take Cymbalta for a possible dx of FIBRO from a neuro I saw one time. I noticed that even with the Cymbalta, the burning, numbness, and tingling hasn't gotten much better. I also keep getting UTI's, and urinary frequency, which my current neuro says isn't really a symptom of FIBRO. He has done the usual tests such as an EMG, an EEG, auditory and vision tests, memory tests, etc and I am waiting on some of the results. I recently had multiple MRI's done; brain (had a massive left side bleed, as I was born at 25 weeks), C-spine, T-spine (I reported tons of pain when lifting even 3 lbs, reaching, etc) and L-spine. Everything came back as I had expected except for my T-spine, which was ordered with and with out contrast. My neuro told me that I have a linear mass in my spine, just from looking at the reports. I will look at the cd's tomorrow, because I'm not too sure where it is and would like to take a look, but he said he has to talk to my radiologist. He also told me that it was nothing to worry about; that the linear mass could just be fluid that hasn't dissipated from the injections. I was just wondering if anyone else has ever experienced this, as it wasn't listed as a side effect of fluid traveling up my spine. Any advice or comments would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.