Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Please read please

We have been seeing three trends with new member posts. Some of that activity has resulted in smaller number of responses to those new threads.

1. The initial threads are way too long. Some of them do not space for paragraphs. This makes it hard reDing and many folks don't even read those. You should be short summarize your situation and follow our guidelines for making effective posts.

2. Too much alarm. Using HELP , NEED HELP NOW, Respond ASAP, etc. Trust me those types of subject lines will not bring any more attention to that thread.

3. Looking for medical advice or a diagnosis of the problem. First there are no medical proffessional members on this forum side and it is forum violation to provide any type of medical advice

I strongly encourage all new members to read our forum rules and become familiar with our FAQ.

I realize that you registered because you are in pain and looking for some help and support. Taking a little time to become familiar on how to use our forums will go a long way. It can make the difference between receiving several responses to you question and concerns Verdi not having anyone respond.

Ron DiLauro Veritas-Health Forums Manager
I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
advertisement

Comments

• The influx of new users has diluted this site a lot. So many posts and so many requests for input. I think it's a good reminder to use the search feature to look up your questions before hand.
    2015: Thoracic protrusions C7-T1, T3-4, T6-8
    Dec'13: 360FusionL4-S1 w/bone graft
    2013: 3x2-level disc injections: 12mo surgery postponement
    Dec'12: DiscogramL4-S1
    Sep/Oct'12: Bi-lateral Rhizo AblationsL4- S1
  • SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 5,960
    Thanks, Ron!
    Good reminder!
    Sue
    Spine-Health Moderator
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History

• I can understand being alarmed and writing in caps lock but what's a bit exaggerated is one member posting 4 different threads in a single day all asking practically the same thing.
    L5S1mickeymouse
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 10,065
    edited 04/20/2015 - 5:36 AM
    In multiple threads one day or the next becomes a problem.

The member gets around the forum violation about duplicate posting by changing the subject words and altering the post body.

People catch on to this pretty quickly. At first that member will get some replies, but then they see other threads doing the same thing. The replies soon stop.

While this itself is not a forum violation it is selfish behavior. One thread dealing with the same topic is more than enough.
    Ron DiLauro Veritas-Health Forums Manager
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • I don't know how many times over the years I have answered a new person's plea for help and they never post again. I feel lile David Copperfield. I no longer post to new people until I have seen them get into a dialogue with someone.
    Emergency surgery in March of 2006 for spinal infection of L 2 and L 3. During surgery, discovered I had Cauda Equina Syndrome. Spine became unstable after surgery and had 360 fusion with 10 pedicle screws, plates and rods in April of 2007.
advertisement