Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

L4 L5 Fusion possible L5 S1 as well

What am I looking at as far as same day? My Dr has his own center and I know he does minor surgery at that center like same day...and with other neuro surgeons at the hospital would this most likely need to be done at the hospital? I will discuss with dr I'm just a bit OCD and wondering what is most for turn around time to go home and what I know everyone is different what is required to be discharged? How about surgery prep, other then ekg/blood work...chest xray....nothing like a colonoscopy I hope???

Just waiting for diskogram then surgery to follow...

Thank you

how did i get here
This can't be happening

• My Dr has a surgery center and does hospital as well. I personally requested my surgery be done at the hospital and he was very OK with that. The surgery pre tests will depend upon factors as your medical history, your dr, the hospital, and possibly insurance company. Unless you have disease of your esophagus or stomach, besides Gerd or reflux, than I can't imagine them doing any colonoscopy or upper GI's. Talk to your dr as to what u will have done, he will know as most refer you to the place that does the pre testing. And when you talk to him tell him your concerns or worries regarding surgery center vs. Hospital. I wish u the best of luck with your surgery and recovery. Come back to talk to us, this site has been a rescue for me many times. I'm only 4 wks post L2-L3 plif fusion.
  • I think he does most his minor surgeries at the surgi unit and his injections, I'm just wondering how long of a stay because each surgery is different but my failed micro was same day....this surgery sounds more like at least an overnight stay?
    This can't be happening
  • Did you get an MRI done that confirmed it?
  • who that reply is for I don't see a maria in this thread of convo?
    This can't be happening
  • I'm not sure hot it got there either. It was for you anyway :)
    Hmmm strange :).
  • I'm assuming that it will be a 1-3 day stay in hospital. All drs and insurances are different. I had an L2-L3 PLIF done and the Dr kept me all night and discharged me the next day. But gone home and pain couldn't be controlled, and I started vomiting and couldn't stand, walk, sit, etc. So an ambulance had to bring me back where I had surgery and was admitted for another 2 days. Everyone is different. Stay also depends on how well u can walk, control your pain, etc. If u feel uncomfortable leaving so soon, request another days stay. It's not like it can hurt. I personally was uncomfortable leaving after 22 hrs and should've spoken up. What's the worse they can say...no. best of luck to u.
  • I just hate hospitals but if they give me those leg air things, I loved those lol. Sorry you had a bad situation noone want to be leaning over after surgery ugghhh...

Daniel C I had 9 MRI's and I am also doing a diskogram. So much consideration to this decision.
    This can't be happening