Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Right arm pain still there

So I'm 4 weeks post op and the arm pain is still there. I don't know if I made it worse by having to drag my 5 five year out of a grocery store because he was being a pain or if this is just going to take more time for the nerves to heal. What are your thoughts? I see my neurosurgeon on Wednesday. I hope he tells me I don't have to wear the brace anymore and that all I need is pt to loosen up the muscles. I do feel very stiff because of this brace. I'm starting to feel that this surgery was for nothing. I know I need to relax and just realize that this may be a lot slower recovery.

• Motor1MMotor1 Pittsburgh, PaPosts: 552
    You are still very early in your recovery. I know it's frustrating, but you need to give your body time to heal. Remember, you had major surgery.
  • Thanks, I think I just need a reminder sometimes. I just want to get back to my normal stuff. I can't wait for the weather to start getting warmer so I can be out and about.
  • ReadyforchangeRReadyforchange Posts: 90
    edited 04/26/2015 - 8:16 PM
    We must be twins. I am an acdf mom almost 2 weeks out and feel the same only less rest now, constipated and in a soft collar.
  • Motor1MMotor1 Pittsburgh, PaPosts: 552
    I can't imagine have that surgery with young kids at home. I am fortunate that my grown children, who live on their own, were able to help me. I really hope you have some help?
    What are you taking for your constipation? Maybe call your pharmacist to see what they recommend? I ended up having to double up on a laxative right after my surgery. Now I am able to maintain with just 2 colace a day.(sorry for the topic).
    I hope you continue to heal.