Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

So many surgeries....no skin left on back...bringing in the plastics.

So long story short....I'm 29 I've had multi level fusion 2013...revision in 2014 then 3 surgeries for wash out infection from strep B. That was fun. Anways my skin is so thin back there whete he cut that it keeps ripping open...literally. now I have to have My rods removed at the 1 year revison point if I'm fused due to infection. Having my rods out will be my 6th back cut open surgery. My son said mommy your back is bleeding and i looked at my back and it's ripped open ahain...just superficial thoigh thank god becsuse prior to this i had a silver dollar huge hole blow up in my back and have fluid and blood pouring out.
Anyone been through this?? Or is my skin just so thin???
28 F. Chicago. Fusion from t-12 l-4 from scoli in June 2013. Torn bilateral hip labrums. Arthroscopy to fix labrums January 2013 and march 2013. SI pain from hip surgery Lupus, RA, antiphosphidlipid antibody- hypermobility syndrome ( Marfan syndrome)
advertisement

Comments

• Hey Dani it seems that you have been through quite a lot. Despite this I feel you have a very good attitude towards life and the future.
    I hope that you at not in pain or are you?
    It sounds that the incision just has problems healing properly. Maybe it's just your body that's designed that way I don't know honestly..

I wish you well and get better soon. Hang in there.
    Daniel
    L5S1mickeymouse
  • Wow you have been through a lot. Sounds like you've had your share of bad luck too. I hope your next op is straightforward and that you begin the journey to a better place soon.
    2015: Thoracic protrusions C7-T1, T3-4, T6-8
    Dec'13: 360FusionL4-S1 w/bone graft
    2013: 3x2-level disc injections: 12mo surgery postponement
    Dec'12: DiscogramL4-S1
    Sep/Oct'12: Bi-lateral Rhizo AblationsL4- S1
  • You have been through so much and I am so sorry. Sending healing thoughts and {{{HUGS}}} your way. I wonder if there is any way to boost your immune system? Just my thoughts.. .
  • So sorry that you are having such a rough time. I had trouble with the adhesives on the tape and dressing pads on my incision. My skin would peel off with adhesive. My infectious disease doctor had me use Medipore tape which helped some and eventually got 16" incision to heal and staph infection under control. Have you discussed this healing problem with your doctors? You have been through an awful ordeal and I hope you get answers soon. Hugs Vicki
    1977 L2-L3 Laminectomy
    Degenerative Disc Disease
    2013. Sudden Degenerative adult Scoliosis
    3/26/14 L1-S-1 Fusions and instrumentation
    4/10/14 surgery to scrub staph infection off hardware & drain tissue
advertisement