Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Everyday head ache

I don't feel any pain in my neck, but everyday I wake up and have a headache. I'm 3 weeks post of C2 C4 fusion and C3 corpectomy. Does anyone else have this and does it last?

• I am still waiting to have my surgery. I am having my C5-C7 fused with the graphs being taken from my right hip. I have a friend who had the same surgery and he warned me about having headaches post op that will last a couple of months. I do suffer from headaches now that will last anywhere from a couple of days to a couple of weeks. My Dr gave me some Naperson to help with them. In my opinion nothing helps my headaches except rest.

Good luck with recovery and I hope the headaches go away soon.
  • I have had four neck surgeries since May 2012 consisting of three ACDF surgeries from C4-C7 and one laminectomy at C5-C6. I now require a four-level corpectomy due to four collapsed vertebrae and also have severe stenosis and bone spurs. I have had several episodes of severe continuous headaches that were not responsive to medication. Mine went up the back of my head and over to my temple. The only relief was with dry needling of the trapezius muscle, as my headaches were caused by referred pain from painful trigger points in that area. I have a lot of muscle damage from severe complications which I have shared in another post in the forum. You may want to see if perhaps trigger points are causing your headaches. You have to be proactive in your treatment. No one ever recommended dry needling for me and I only found out about it after my husband's therapist did it for him after shoulder surgery. I asked to be referred for dry needling due to painful trigger points after my surgeries. The therapist saw in my records online that I had been to the ER for a severe headache over the weekend. My headache was still present, and he needled the trapezious muscle, releasing the trigger point, and my headache resolved. It's something worth checking into! Hope you find relief with your headache!
  • I had ACDF at C5/C6 last September. In October and November I had such horrid headaches that didn't go away, I went to the doctor and they started working at trying to get rid of them. I am still having headaches everyday. I am trying different meds, physical therapy, dry needling, and now steroids. Still not getting the full relief, Dealing also now with issues with steroids and side effects from them. I cant have cortisteroid injections or prednisone. The doctor is now trying another type of steroid(Medrol) pack to see if the side effects are less. Not going well with that either. My headaches are caused by the degradation of the nerves in my neck. This is and will continue to be a long journey
    Tracie C