Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Anyone else ever have issues sitting in heighted areas?

Before I get started, here was my last MRI result from October 2014. I have not done anything since:

C3-4 broad-based disc herniation wih significant cord impingement
C4-5 disc bulge without signigicant stenosis, very mild stenosis
C5-6 disc bulge resulting in cord compression and bilateral C6 root impingement
C6-7 central disc herniation resulting in significan cord impingement

I suspect most of this came from chiropractic work, since I was going to them when my body was weakend from a virus (not the best time). Now I have neck pain.

When I walk around and do things, I am perfectly fine. My issue seems to be while sitting. Example, I'm at work right now and it feels like, as I sit here, my neck is compressing on me and super tight. Or, another example, is if I go to an event at a stadium, I can only sit in a certain area (usually lower level). If I go higher, my neck gets super tight and then tenses up my whole body and I get a sense of feeling off balance when sitting down. I actually have to hold on to the seats because of the sense. It's like it messes with my vision somehow. Never used to have this prior to the work I had done.

In other cases, I am ok, especially in a level area like a bus, train, plane, etc. I'm curious to know if anyone else had these issues, how did you cope, did you ever do anything to fix it or did it ever go away?

I'm considering another round of PT but finding the time to do so is tough right now. Obviously, I am afraid of any surgeries and trying to avoid these at all costs (too many stories are scaring me from it).

• SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 5,427
    You are much more active than I am...so can't speak to the sitting and standing.

But I can't even imagine taking stairs unnecessarily. My legs give out....legs also give out if I'm carrying any kind of weight in my arms. I needed to move to first floor apartment about nine years ago.

But I also have balance problems...just walking and would be more so when I had to take even one flight of stairs.
    My doc explained which of my spinal issues responsible for those symptoms...but I'm sure different for each of us..

My PM doctor only one I see for my issues. PT never an option for me and neither is chiropractor.
    Your not alone in your symptoms, but as for reasons for it.....I think doc best to answer your particulars.
    Feel better and good luck!
    Spine-Health Moderator
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History