Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

My job is over

To the ones that have followed my post over the years knows of the issues I have had at work with my boss over my health. I was called into her office and she began screaming at me about patient phone calls not being returned ( I had been on vacation for a week). She started in on a particular patient that she claims came in and said no one would return her phone call and had to pay her bill thru my boss. Now this certain patient that she was speaking off I had just returned her phone call 10 minutes before being called into the office. The patient owed 0.00. It was a problem claim that had been resolved that day and no she did not come in and pay my boss. So I called her out on it. I asked why she was lying and shall we get the patient on the phone, My boss totally lost it, began screaming about my health issues slammed her hands on her desk and started to come over the desk at me and shouted we will finish this Monday. I have had enough, I said no we will finish this now and walked out. Within 10 minutes she began blowing my cell phone up. I refused to answer. She had employees texting me asking me to call her, which I refused. A few hours later I got tired of the phone calls and answered. She wanted to know if I was going to be there Monday. I asked her are you serious after everything you have put me thru this last year I am done. She said she would see me Monday and slammed the phone down. Of course I didnt go in. Im done. She calls me Monday and tells me to return my badge and key to her that day to which my reply was no thanks I will return everything to corp. She stated I could not do that , to mail them to her. Ha she doesnt want me going to corp. When she came over the desk at me she knows she crossed the line and I have her right where I want her. Tomorrow is my exit interview with corp along with my atty. Which they have no idea he will be there. 2 weeks ago I was given a 2,000. bonus for my job performance so she cannot use poor work as a excuse. As for patient phone calls not being returned like I said i was on vacation, it was her responsibility to make sure someone covered me while I was out. She did not want to spend budget money on a company float to do my job while I was gone,, So yes phone calls did go unanswered for a week. In my opinion if she did not want to spend the money then she should of returned the calls. Her responsibility not mine while I was out on vacation. This blow up has been brewing for over a year and I have so many things documented on her. Will she lose her job more then likely not, I have no witnesses but I know I have her scared. So I have given up the fight for employment, my health issues always come into play so it seems so my appointment with social security is May 5th to file my claim. So my retirement begins,

• SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 5,427
    "A strong and violent verbal attack " is assault ...esp with the pounding on desk.
    You may know her and not fear for your safety, but that behavior is by definition wanting to put fear into you.

From my past work situations, I can tell you I would have quit also, esp with pain and spinal issues becoming all consuming. We don't need our energy needlessly fighting with others.....defending ourselves.

You said the fight for employment.....I did that, too...in my situation I tried so hard to change jobs to accommodate my issues....two days after I quit last job...I went to Disability attorney and within 6 months approved and payments started.

Again, sorry for all you went through, but you may find taking care of yourself to be a full time job and without fear of verbal attacks at boss whim, losing that tension may help your health.
    Take care!
    Spine-Health Moderator
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,833
    you have had a tough go with that manager of yours. It seems like all along she just wanted to get at you, push your buttons and get you to leave. I guessed so pushed too far. It is interesting when you told her that you would return the badge/key to corp and not her and she got upset. Almost like she knows she is hiding something.

Its good to be prepared when you meet with corp to finalize everything. Keep in mind, since your manager has done some bad things in the past, don't be surprised if she comes up with new things now to make you look bad. Trying to tell upper management that she tried to work with you, but you would not corporate, etc. Now, I may be blowing things out of proportion, but from the things you have told us, I just don't know

Good luck at the final meeting.
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • Though I can understand your frustration, the way you went about doing this that day was a mistake in my opinion and may come back to bite you in the behind. At the end of the day, it's her word against yours. After all, she is your Superior, so it is never a wise decision to "call out" anyone that has that on you. Then saying you're done and walking out of your job? That isn't even grounds for dismissal; you quit! Ok, I understand you may not care anymore, but that is not the best way to help the case you have been mounting against her for however long. All your credibility goes down the drain in my opinion. It goes against everything you have been doing to try to make her accountable. I wouldn't be surprised if she was covering her own behind when she had all these co workers text you, call you etc.... It's definitely a paper trail and only evidence to get rid of you and you will have zero recourse. Then you not showing up on Monday? Grounds for dismissal (despite you walking out and quitting), especially if she is recording you or using her Minions against you.... And believe me, to save their butts, they WILL feed you to the wolves in a NY minute.

I'm sorry if I've come across as critical here, as I feel your pain and frustration, but I can't get my head around why you would have gone about it the way you did! Sometimes we need to cool our jets and think twice before we do once.

I wish you well, but I'm not sure you have a whole lot to work with now.

Doug Hell
    Spine-Health Moderator
    Realize that FEAR is our worst enemy. Get up & get out in that stormy weather of the real world & kick fear in the teeth. Stare at it dead in the eyes & walk right through it into the storm; because once you're wet, you won’t fear the rain anymore
  • jlrfryejjlrfrye ohioPosts: 1,110
    I gave it my best, I have been shoved, shouted at for no reason, blamed for things that I had nothing or no knowledge of. Sometimes you have to say no more. Do I plan on suing , no. Im just done. She is not worth my time or my energy. I am not filing for unemployment, my atty is trying to get my severance pay which I doubt I will get but that is OK too. I have felt a whole lot of relief mentally and physically since I walked out. I had planned on retirement soon this just brought it on sooner then anticipated. It is her bullying mentality , negativity and bad management that made me walk. I have no regrets with the decision I have made. My atty is the one that suggested he tag along just for the fun of it. He is a personal friend. So with that being said it is time to go to corp
  • Doug HellDoug Hell Posts: 335
    edited 04/23/2015 - 3:10 AM
    ...It is unfortunate that you let it get in your way. You had a case and then you threw it away? You wasted your valuable time mounting a case to simply through it away out of...? I am in agreement that people who abuse need to be held accountable! You need to fight them (the right way) to the end of the earth and back! No one has the right to do this to anyone in ANY environment. If you were mounting a case for months, why not see it through to the end? Now all that grief and hard work was in vain. You gave up and now someone else will feel her wrath.....

Your first post you said you had her right where you want her and now you're just done and your Attorney friend tagged along for the fun of it? Is this a joke? Am I missing something here? Why doesn't this make any sense to me? I'm sorry but she doesn't need anything more than "you quit" and didn't show up the following work week. She will use that to her advantage and I'm sure all her Minions have written statements against you to back her up along with texts and phone documentation. Corp just might have YOU where they want you. You should have thought this through a bit better, Hon.

In any event, if you are ok with it, I suppose you are OK with it, but that doesn't change the situation or future situations. She will continue on her merry way abusing her position and that's what bothers me the most. It shouldn't, but clearly I am wearing my emotions on my sleeve here.

Good luck with Retirement.

Doug Hell
    Spine-Health Moderator

Realize that FEAR is our worst enemy. Get up & get out in that stormy weather of the real world & kick fear in the teeth. Stare at it dead in the eyes & walk right through it into the storm; because once you're wet, you won’t fear the rain anymore
  • jlrfryejjlrfrye ohioPosts: 1,110
    I received my severance package without asking. It seems a few employees who also has been at the wrath of her backed me up in her behavior. Her boss came into the office and pulled employees aside and asked what had happened, although they did not physically see it you sure could hear it. My work ethic and my ability to do my job well was enough for her supervisor to know something was wrong. I was told she is being demoted , I also was offered another position in another location. I declined. I am dealing with chronic osteomylitis and to be honest only planned on working for a few more months before I retired. As for my atty going along for the fun of it, he wanted proof of the unfit for duty that she claimed in January for my ss case. On Dec. 31st she asked me to fill in for another employee so she could have the day off to which my response was no i have to close the books for the year, I have to do my own job.. She immediately called for a taxi sent me to medworks and stated I was unfit for duty. Due to the holiday the drug screen took 5 days to come back which i passed and was cleared for work. She refused to allow me to return until I had used up all my vacation for the new year. 3 weeks. I called the ADA and was back to work that day. Since I work in the healthcare field and all my health records are maintained by this company he wanted reassurance that my records would not be held back for retaliation. So no Doug this is not a joke, Before I even knew he was coming along, I was discussing the issues at work and told him I was worried about her being at the meeting, his response was well I will just go along for the fun of it. I had no clue he wanted assurance of my medical records or retaliation, like I said we have been friends since high school 35 years ago. I really did not expect him to go into lawyer mode. Maybe reading some of my older post will explain more.