Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Pregnancy and facet joint arthritis, do I dare to do it again?

I am wondering if many people on here have had pregnancies with a disk buldge and facet joint arthritis?

My pregnancy nearly 3 years ago was horrendous. I was on crutches from 22 weeks and in a wheelchair from 32 weeks. My labour was so bad it literally traumatised me. I was refused an epidural due to my back problems and could not have any other form of pain relief due to an allergy. The pain in my back was so bad I couldn't even feel contractions as all I could feel was the disk buldge, and couldn't feel my legs.

I have worked long and hard over the past year to stengthen my back by losing weight and with a gym program designed by my consultant and have built myself up to being able to jog. Luckily the injections worked for me for 4-5 months.

I would love to have another baby. And I'm hoping strengthening my back will have helped me.

My question to you lovely ladies is, do any of you have similar problems with your back and how did it effect your pregnancy? Also, was it worse/better/the same second time round?

With a husband who works away and a 2 1/2 year old I'm wondering if I can cope with another pregnancy.

Thanks for reading x