Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

weird crackling/squirting/squishing neck pain/pressure c3-c4 tear

Wondering if anyone has experienced anything like this and knows what it is or anything at all about it. I have a c3-c4 central tear, I'm 20, this happened super suddenly from literally turning my head. I could feel something tear and honestly it felt like something at the base of my head exploded. Anyways, saw a neurosurgeon, no surgery at least now, so glad. Anyways, I am now on consistent low dose prednisone for inflammation everywhere and that really was helping my neck a lot! Sometimes though it will still get "inflamed" and irritated...I can actually feel it swelling at the base of my head, I think. It will feel kind of achy and pressured and feels like it is bulging and fluid filled right at the base, more so on the left side. Then, I will kind of try to lightly rub and stretch it because it feels so tense in there, like something needs to be released. And sure enough I will start having these squirting noises and crackling/squishing feeling types of noises.

It doesn't really hurt, sometimes it feels good, a little tender. When it is acting up the pressure feeling in my whole head and especially right at the base of my skull is what is most annoying. I also have constant headaches now that I know are stemming from right there at the base of my head and neck. They can be excruciating. Usually I can get them to go away if I lay flat for like 20 minutes without a pillow or anything and massage that area. Sometimes I get a lot of lightening/tingling sensations shoot into my head and face with it. Then after the first time it kind of does that noise/feeling of something squirting or bubbling around, then anytime I move my head or neck it feels like something is loose or kind of sliding around. It is really bizarre honestly. I had it days after I ruptured the disc and at first it was happening when I was just lying down. It scared me then because I thought maybe I had some sort of hemorrhage and it wasn't just the disc rupture but it's been almost 2 months and I am not dead so I know it can't be something like that. I just am curious to see if anyone else has experienced anything like this and what your thoughts are!!

Just so you know, I do have a lot of other health problems and just had surgery for a nerve tumor in my chest/spine at the T1-T2 roots and so far we're thinking not related to the neck stuff a few months ago which is a really long story and I also have other stuff going on as well mostly surrounding inflammation/systemic symptoms...but due to me trying as hard as I can to graduate right now I haven't seen a neurologist yet and the neurosurgeon (was not super impressive and had BAD bedside manners) was not super concerned with me at all.