Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Lower Back Pain/Sensation when standing after sitting for a long time. (over 15 minutes)

leolionlleolion Posts: 2
edited 04/29/2015 - 6:27 AM in Lower Back Pain
Several years ago I started having a mild lower back sensation when standing after sitting for a long period. It gradually came on after 30 to 45 seconds and lasted also a minute and went away. Over the years it has gotten worse. To a point today that I have to stop and lean against a wall or bend over until it passes. It's getting to be a real disadvantage and restricting.

I started checking into finding out what was going on.:
1. Went to very good spine Doctor at xxxx Hospital. I took a MRI and from the results of that he said that my back was in pretty good shape for my age. He prescribed steroid shots in my lower back. I had two of them. They have not helped at all. The Doctors suggested that I see a neurologist. Have an appointment next week.

Does anyone have any ideas or experience with a situation like this? Please Help!

• chrisT77cchrisT77 Posts: 1
    edited 04/29/2015 - 9:11 AM
    Hi Leolion,

There was a point in time where I couldn't sit for any longer than a half hour without getting bad lower back pain. I assumed it was from the terrible chair I had in my office, considering that when I moved onto a new job, the pain gradually went away. Regardless, a great neurologist in north NJ I'd recommend is Dr. XXXXXX. My friend's father had some herniated disc issues but had it taken care of really well. I was planning on making an appointment with Dr. XXXXX but like I said, my symptoms went away when I started using a better chair.

Post edited Forum rules prohibit the specific naming of any doctor.
    5.10 You agree not to post specific physician names or health care facilities names on Spine-Health.com.

Any external URL needs to have prior approval before posting.
    In addition, in this situation, you can document a link to a specific doctors practice.
    9.01 No posting links to advertisements or as solicitations of business.

Please read the Forum Rules.