Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Topical Cream

My PM started me on a new compounded cream to see if it would help with my back pain. It is a mix of three different medications. It has 10% Flurbiprofen, 2% Baclofen, 5% Lidocaine and 3% Pentox.

The only thing I can definitely tell is the lidocaine in it because my skin has a numb feeling after I apply it. I'm hoping it will help. I've never tried a compounded cream like this. I do know it's expensive as it has to be approved by my WC pre-authorization office.

Has anyone else had a combination like this or had luck with topical creams?

Keith
Several Epidurals, L4-S1 360 ALIF, Numerous Facet Joint Injections, RFA x2
advertisement

Comments

• I also have the cream, but its not working
    Ryan
  • Hi Keith
    I use the Lidocaine cream it depends on where I put it and it is expensive with Medicare.
    If I use it on this new nerve pain I am having it just aggravates it but if I use it on my upper
    back which is DDD, Muscle pain and ? it helps some.
    I use that Biofreeze too on stiff muscles or tightness and it helps a little.
    Hopefully you will get some relief from it, make sure you have a little brush to wash under
    your fingernails so you don't do what I did and get some in my eye.
    Take care
    Sherri
  • I have a compounded cream. Mine contains ketamine & lidocaine to numb, muscle relaxants & nerve meds. At the start I thought it wasn't much help but I followed directions for a month or so. I stopped using it & realized it REALLY does help me. I've had a few meds added & doses increased. It's now very helpful.
    I've tried every oral nerve med a couple of times at least & just can't tolerate them. I became septic last year resulting in internal organ damage so limiting oral meds is a blessing for me. Best of luck.
    Remember (like most meds) it might take some adjustments to get it right. Don't expect miracles. I've been on this chronic pain ride for a long time now & I'm certain there's no such thing as a prescription magic bullet! My advise is read 'The Blend' we talk about here & chip away at your pain bit by bit.
    Osteoarthritis & DDD.
  • Thanks all,

So far it seems to be helping some. It's not a miracle drug or anything like that, but it does help keep my back pain at a manageable level. My PM is very cautious about using Ketamine given it's abuse potential on the streets. They have only one patient who receives Ketamine and it's in a cream only, nothing oral. There is also the stigma of it being an animal tranquilizer for some people. Back in the 90's, a lot of animal veterinarian's offices were vandalized with the thieves searching out Ketamine. It's know by a lot of nicknames like cat valium, Special K, "ket", etc.

K
    Several Epidurals, L4-S1 360 ALIF, Numerous Facet Joint Injections, RFA x2
advertisement