Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

New to neck problems - experienced only in back fusion

So long story short.....had back fusion L4-S1 7 years ago due to severe stenosis, level 3 spondy. Had spinal cord stimulator 3 years ago and it helps. In the last 6 months have experienced weird symptoms and thought it was my heart (jaw pain, shoulder, upper chest). Cardiologist decided I needed to stop pain meds. So 6 weeks ago I stopped hydrocodone and methadone. Recognized for the first time (off pain meds) that I have pain and numbness in lower face to shoulder. Had a CT scan of neck and I have severe degenerative disc disease c3-4 through c6-7. Multiple bone spurs. Some stenosis. The bone almost looks transparent in places. All discs collapsed. (bad car accident 45 years ago - drunk driver hit ford falcon at 60 mph. I was "shotgun" in a low seat with no seat belt. )

Any advice??? I am 63 and a full time business owner. Meaning I am active and engaged but growing weary of so many spinal issues. I am going to try a few injections???? I am sure there are spineys somewhere who have researched similar situations and would appreciate help. What am I looking at? PS. still have a living father so probably facing a few more years on earth to get through. Not to mention 6 grandchildren. Thanks. Kathy