Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Cracked Instrumentation

RLaxner1RRLaxner1 Posts: 1
edited 05/05/2015 - 5:27 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Has anyone encountered this issue? I had spinal fusion with instrumentation surgery to cure scoliosis 15 years ago. About 5 years ago, I started having a lot of upper back pain. After months of this ongoing pain, it started to interfere with my job. I went to see a chiropractor who couldn't do much to help relieve me. I finally decided to go see my surgeon. He took x-rays and discovered that there was a break in my rod. Eyes wide open, I was very shocked as to how this could have happened. The doctor offered me no suggestions and said in order to fix this, we would have to go in for another surgery. Being a single 30 year old woman with little family and no insurance, there was no way I could afford to do this. So, his last suggestion was physical therapy.

I took a few classes over a 6 month period. The sessions and the therapist were all very helpful. I am still not sure to this day what happened, the PT said it could have been from jumping on a trampoline (even though that happened at least a year after surgery).

Now, I am trying to become a health nut. Eating right and exercising is a daily routine however there are still a lot of limits for me. Lifting heavy weights really affects me. And certain acts of jumping scare me to even try. After PT, yoga was my go-to.

I want to know if there are other people out there with a similar situation. Anyone? Family I spoke to said I should sue 'someone' for this broken instrumentation but I don't know if that would even be worth all the effort.

I wouldn't mind turning this into a positive thing; creating a group to keep each other active and healthy without seeking professional help. Thoughts/