Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

What's next?

Hi all. I've posted a few topics and have had great feedback so I hope you all will help me out again. I am just shy of 4m post 2nd microdiscectomy l5s1 with continuing pain. The pain is not as bad as presurgery, but nevertheless I have slight twinges in a couple places and continual calf and foot/ankle pain. My back generally feels pain when I sit to long or overdo it, but no spasms like presurgery. Up until this point my doc/PA has had me on a wait and see basis. Well I guess after a full year of this back stuff I am just plain tired and beat down. I just want to know what is going on with my back. Why does the relentless leg pain continue? I recently looked back over the written reports from my last two mri, one pre 2nd micro and one 4w post op both talk of tissue in the epidural space, one talks about tissue by l5 and one by s1. My surgeon has never expressed anything about scar tissue in fact he told me the pre pictures were just disc material, after told my hubby didn't see much while in there, and post mri pictures never said anything either. I'm still wondering is this a possible cause of pain. Anyways I'm due for another appt. and I feel like I'm at a crossroads. I want to push for another mri as it is one way to see if anything has changed for my back situation, but feel as though they are hesitant and looking to send me to pm for another shot. I am not looking to do that as they have never worked for me and would not feel comfortable doing one not knowing what is going on with my back. I am also torn as to get another opinion. I do worry about crossing any lines with my surgeon. Any thoughts??? I'm tired of living with this pain but I generally am such a timid patient, ugh!!!! Oh I almost forgot, I cut out painkillers cold turkey 2 weeks ago and am living just on anti-inflammatory so I know my true pain at this point.