Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

It Is Here!!!!!

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,623
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:19 AM in Matters of the Heart
Well, by this time tomorrow it will be!!!!! YIP, my wheel chair is finally finding its way to me and my home!!!! I couldn't be more excited than I am right now!!!! Except tomorrow when it is actually sitting in my living room. Heck, I am not sure how many months I have been working toward this. All I know it has been a long time and I am glad that it is finally going to be here. Lord knows that we do deserve a break of sorts.
I had to share the great news with everyone!!!!!
nana2007~Dawn
advertisement

Comments

• Good to see your chair will be there tomorrow...
  • Well, I guess in a way it's a whole new freedom for you. I know you've been waiting for this for a long time and I'm glad the wait is finally over.

Give em heck 4wheelin it!

Griff
  • I am so happy for you. It is about time that you get something going right for you.

I am waiting for the video of you going around in circles in your living room. (Like on TV)

Have fun with it, but be careful of the kitty's tails.

Judy
  • It has been a long time to get to this point.
    I will be careful not to run over any of the kitty's tails---I PROMISE!!!!
    And it will not be me going in circles, it will be my hubby playing that is doing that. And I will get pictures for proof.
    I can just see him trying to do wheelies on it also.
    It has been such a long road and one well worth the trip. Had my other Family Doc. believed that yes,, she does live with Chronic Pain that has to be treated medically. I can't even begin to count the times she would try to back me into a corner and try to get me into rehab. Frankly the old bat needs to retire. But now I have a wonderful new Family Doc that is actually taking care of treating us like a Family Doc should. No flack on me, just plain right out a Great Family Doc.. If we had/had her before Scott got so sick, then just maybe things wouldn't have put it off for so long.
    Again------THANK ALL OF YOU !!!!!
    nana2007~Dawn

I just wonder if it can be goosed up to go faster than about 3 miles an hour. I need more speed than that if I am going to have some kind of a point system for the people that get in my way!!! You know, like the one that we use while drive.
    Not that I would be guilty of doing such a thing!!!!!!
    }:) }:) }:) }:) }:)
  • Vroom Vroom! :P

That's Great News, Dawn! At least being "mobile" will give you a little bit of control back. Control is a good thing. For me anyways....

What color?
  • I kind of feel like "One small step", has just been made.
    My wheel chair got here tonight and I couldn't be happier. It is so weird to finally see what I have worked toward getting sitting in my living room. The next step is to get moved!!!! We have to now get out of this 2 story rental and into a ranch style home!!! This is such a slow project, but now that I have made it over this mountain, the next step will be ab easy one. If my hubby was still able to work, that would be an easier step but that is fine. But, he has filed for his Social Security Disability and then we will be on the home stretch to moving. Such slow steps, but rewarding they all are.
    This wheel chair is amazing!!!! It turns on a dime and has 4 different speed settings. I can't wait to get it outside and see what the top speed is. Races anyone?????
    Just wanted everyone to know what It made it in one piece and now has it's own personal parking space. And will be used as soon as I hit the bottom of the steps. I have to remind myself that it is BABY STEPS to getting the full mobility back to get out and go any where and not have to worry about the walking.
    I will let you all know when the next step takes place!!!! Which should be before the summer is out. Depending on how slow SSD is in approving Scott's disability. They have said that with his case it will not take much time at all.
    nana2007~Dawn
  • That's great news! No racing the first week or two. It must feel awesome to have it finally come....like Christmas, only its hotter out!

I know I haven't replied to your post before....but I've been watching and hoping for you.

CONRATULATIONS SPEEDY.
advertisement