Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

quivering in foot??

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,623
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:19 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
what in the world could that be?? i get this "Quivering"
in the bottom of my right foot.......i dont know how else to explain it!!!! could thid be related to my neck? Leslie
advertisement

Comments

• Does your foot tremor, or is it just a feeling? If there is an actual tremor, this is called clonus (I think), and it definitely could be caused from your neck.

If it just feels like it is quivering, this is also something that could be directly related to your neck. I get it too. My symptoms have varied from strong shock type sensations to bee stings to prickles, to now just a feeling like a cat is purring or something like that. doesn't hurt at this point, unless one of those lovely hot bee stings hits, but it sure is annoying. Be sure to report this to your doctor, and keep track of any changes in intensity or frequency.
    Surviving chronic pain one day at a time, praying for a reprieve because living another 40 years like this doesn't sound too fun!
  • it dosent actually Tremor, but it feels like it!!! yes like a cat purrrrrrrrrrring!!!! are you hiding in my house some where???? LOL
  • You better check your closets, I could be anywhere!

Surviving chronic pain one day at a time, praying for a reprieve because living another 40 years like this doesn't sound too fun!
  • if inflamation in there can cause symptoms??? and they will calm down........Leslie
  • I have been describing the feeling in my foot as a phone vibrating but you are right it feels like a cat purring. Thank you that will make it so much easier to explain to the Ortho/neuro. My foot has been purring for about 36 hours straight. I would think she would be tired.
  • I get those weird feelings in both my feet, but worse on the left one. Alot of the time it's so strong that I can look at the bottom of my foot and actually see movement under the skin- like a tendon is pulsing through my arch. Ever see anything like that?

• I forgot to mention that my L5S1 disc is herniated to the left side. I'm over the back pain, but I still have this weird vibrating and throbbing in the bottom of my foot. I thought it might be tarsal tunnel sydrome in my ankles, but all the electrical studies were negative. The Dr. said though, that all they show is whether or not you have permanent damage to the nerves in the foot, but they don't rule out that tarsal tunnel is actually occuring. I'm supposed to have an MRI with and without contrast of my feet and ankles to look for anything else that might be wrong, but have hesitated from fear of the dye. He says there's a strong chance that my lower back discs are causing the problem. I'm curious to know if anyone else can see anything jumping around in the arches of their feet.
advertisement