Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Successful L5-S1 fusion

I had my ALIF fusion on April 20th. After 7 years of pain my disc was completely gone and it was bone on bone.
I had my surgery 7am Monday and was home from the hospital by Tuesday night. I had very little discomfort at the hospital. I had a nurse come to my house twice the first week I was home and PT came twice a week. My husband was home with me the first two weeks, but I didn't really need much help.
The staples came out on Tuesday the 28th .
I went back to work (office job) half days 2 weeks after surgery. Now almost three weeks out I am driving.
I wear a brace and will for the first three months. And of course no bending lifting or twisting for three months.
My old back pain is completely gone. I do have an ache in my back that I'm told is the bone healing and it should subside.
Before surgery I was taking 40 mg of Norco a day and now I'm down to 15 mg of Norco. I hope to be off the opioids by July.
I'll happily answer any questions if anyone has any. I know I was searching for positive stories before I had my surgery.
For me it was the best thing that's happened in a long time. I can't believe the sharp pain I had is gone.

• Hi Blondeinbrandon, I am having an ALIF fusion on my L5-S1 in less than 2 weeks. Im am only 23 so I am hoping my age will help me bounce back quickly. I am trying to NOT take my pain meds from now until surgery, so i dont have any med issues in the hospital. I am so happy for you that you have been able to recover so quickly and easily, I hope for the same!

did you have leg pain that accompanied your back pain? I dont have sciatica type pain(i dont think) but i do have a ridiculous amount of pain in both legs, but more so in my left leg. Sometimes its just muscular type pain, sometimes it tingles, sometimes it burns, sometimes it feels like an overly stretched rubber band... its doing a little bit of everything.

thanks for any advice you can provide, please feel free to send me a message!