Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Pian Got really bad had to go to the Er ;-( What is this...

Well I'm 34 and have been diagnosed with sleep apnea, Gerd, IBS, Anxiety and Depression, a Bulging Disc in my back L4-L5 and then Fibromyalgia. I was getting pain all over ant the Doctors said it had to be Fibromyalgia. But now I got pain so bad " I can barely walk." Pain in my legs, arms, back, shoulders and arms and Hands that seems to be getting worse daily I had to go to the ER. Not much they could do but put me on another pain medicine and tell me to go to an internal medicine Doctor. I'm praying this Doctor can see me quickly. Before I wind up in a wheel chair ;-(

It feels like my legs and arms are like led. Our have weights on them. I'm hearing talk of MS.

Anyone with MS please share your experiences...

Thank You Sincerely Tom

• Before I was diagnosed with worsened spine condition, there was a suspicion of the brain tumor or MS. At the end, simple RTG showed that bad neurological symptoms and pain were caused by multiple spinal conditions that cumulatively caused a lot of symptoms, somewhat disconnected so it was difficult to determine what is caused by what. You have also multiple diagnoses that, connected with each other, especially anxiety and depression, can make symptoms worse.

You need to stay positive as much as possible. In most of cases it is a long way to getting into a wheel chair. In the meantime, many options can be tried in order to get relieved from pain and neurological problems. Multiple conditions can cause you feel awful, but try to solve one by one and reduce the anxiety and depression, simple positive thinking (although may seem impossible) can provide a relief, because when these psychological conditions are combined with physical ones then you go just deeper and deeper.

A bulging disc indicates the symptoms connected with legs and your experience that you can barely walk. That can be treated by proper physical therapy and other available options (surgery as last one). Pain in other parts of the body can also be caused by the problems with spine so you try to recheck everything by a qualified doctor.
    Scoliosis vertebrae THL
    Sy CC et CB
    Sy THS
    Sy LS chr
  • SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 5,476
    Several years ago, when I first started falling without warning, my doctor referred me out to neurologist for testing to rule out MS.

My tests showed appearance of white spots on brain that were not there 6 months prior. (Previous MRI was for monitoring my long history of migraines.) subsequent testing has shown increase in white spots. My spinal tap was very good and healthy. They told me nothing of white spots.
    So they did rule out MS for me.

Eventually pain increased and appeared in more parts of my body. My primary referred me to pain management/ neurologist.
    He did further testing......EMG very revealing for me. Doctor was able to see spinal issues that I didn't give voice to.

My legs will also give out, not only with walking, but if I have any kind of weight in my hand or arms. When I mention whatever pain or symptoms to my neurologist, he rattles off which part of my spine causing it. Having understanding doctor....priceless.
    One of my PM doc and my goal....is to get and keep me stable to keep me out of ER.
    I went to ER frequently when my issues began.....desperate for relief.

Using a cane ....for more than few years.....has been very helpful to me, reducing falls and helping reduce pain when I walk.

Even so, often times by end of a day that required me to be more up and about...grocery shopping, haircuts, errands..... I am bent over, back pain increased, and increased rib cage pain, difficulty lifting my legs to even get one foot in front of the other. Without my cane I wouldn't be able to move.

I also share in depression and anxiety..even prior to chronic pain...and with continued therapy and meds...my mind and thinking is the best...within last two years or so...better than ever in my life.

I also have GI doctor for horrible gut issues.
    As Henry, above, mentioned, having multiple painful conditions can certainly take its toll.

For me, good communications with doctors so important. I have learned to wait for test results and not think worse case scenarios.

All that to say......you are not alone and there is help out there!
    As you navigate through all your issues, it can be a roller coaster ride. Hang in there!

I certainly hope your pain is under control soon!
    Please keep us posted on how you are doing

Spine-Health Moderator
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History

• PlumbTuckeredOutPlumbTuckeredOut Philadelphia, PAPosts: 325
    The biggest trigger for pain for me is a lack of quality sleep. If I've been having interrupted sleep or too many days with too little sleep my entire body is in excruciating pain. After a few days of taking it easy and resting and sleeping my pain is much better. Pain doesn't usually increase intensely unless there has been a new injury. Lack of sleep can make pain seem intolerable.

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I took the one less traveled by...... (Robert Frost)
    I still don't know if I should have taken the one that said, "Caution! Dead End" (Me)
  • Tdog1980TTdog1980 Posts: 10
    edited 05/23/2015 - 6:03 PM
    Thanks guys for the comments. I try to stay positive each and every day. It does get annoying going to doctor after doctor and no real answers. But I do realize a diagnosis takes time. I was happy to finally have proof of the Bulging Disc L4/L5 show up on an MRI. It explained some of my pain. I don't believe the Fibromyalgia diagnosis. It was a diagnosis I received before an MRI of my back and made by a PA I had seen many times. I have been told a few times that it could be MS. And it seems the new Doctor I have now wants me to see the neurologist to test that route. It is just taking time. With my insurance you need approval and referrals and so on. So I'm waiting to here from both pain management and the neurologist. Even though every step feels like it may be my last. I force myself to keep on moving. I take the meds they have prescribed me and I do things with my family to keep my body moving. I did do 3 months of therapy. First aqua therapy and then land therapy. It didn't help. The more I do the more pain I am in....