Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Anyone had a Cervical CT Mylogram?

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:19 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
Since my cervical fusion several years ago, I still have neck pain & headaches. I have been in PT for over a year (for neck, back & knee) but no relief. The muscles are so tight my PT can't even get into the joints for massage. She advised me to ask my PM doctor for new films. After my visit yesterday, they suggested a CT Mylogram. I know I had one years ago & was in the hospital overnight due to spinal fluid leaking & severe headache.

Has anyone had a cervical one....what can I except...I am a little nervous. :?

• RangerRRanger on da rangePosts: 805
    Hey Lisa,
    I also read your post in the New Members board, WOW, have you been through a lot at a young age. I've had CT scans with dye pre-op to my cervical fusion but did not have a Mylogram so I probably won't be of much help to you. Are you having any numbness or tingling such as in your arms or hands?
    If so have you had an EMG or an MRI recently? Hope you can get some long term relief from your discomfort.
    Take care,
  • I've had a lumbar myloegram years ago and cervical last winter. They inject dye in lumbar area for cervical too, the difference is with the cervical they tilt the table(head down) to get the dye in you're cervical area. Then you have to make sure you do not sit up or raise head till the CT is over, keep flat even if moving to CT table. The dye has to keep in cervical area for clear CT. At least thats what they told me. Test not that bad , a little uncomfortable when they are getting dye in then is breeze(long as you are not one of the few that get the headache) , then have to lay in bed after test for 2-4hours. from what i hear its a good test and results are more exact compaired to MRI for nerve impingment.
  • I am waiting for the phone call now on my appointment for mine. I will post about it afterwards to let you atleast know my experience unless ofcourse you get yours before mine..lol....then you have to post about it so I will know.. ;) Good luck to you sweetie.
  • Thanks everyone, I was able to get an appointment for TOMORROW at 9am! I had to arrange for a sitter & my hubby has to work..so he'll drop me off & pick me up when I am done.....with all of the surgeries & procedures..this will be the first time he's not going to be there.... :( Does anyone live in Charlotte NC? LOL
  • Hi Lisa, Good luck tomorrow! I had the myelogram and CT scan last fall. It wasn't so bad. The injection of the dye is a little uncomfortable, burns slightly. And you can feel it going through the spine, funny feeling. It hit a point where i had a reflex action. The dr kind of snipped at me about needing to lie still. I told him i didn't do that intentionally,it was a reflex. Like Robert said, the rest was a breeze.

I was very worried about the spinal headache, but thank God I didn't have that problem. (I had one from a failed ESI last year. The dr accidentally got the needle in too far and got a "wet tap." That was 3-4 weeks of pure hell.) The injection goes in the lumbar area and you will be slightly sore there for a about a week or so.

It does show the nerves much better than an MRI. I sure hope your dr can get a good view and that you finally get some results. I will be thinking about you tomorrow. Hugs and prayers, Marti
  • Hello Everyone!!!

So I had the test done on Thursday. It really wasn't that bad. The doctor was AMAZING! Great bedside manner, really calmed me down. When I was done I had to sit up in a recliner for 3 hrs before I could go home.....they fed me, I watched TV....RELAXED!!! No hubby & no kids...a mini vacation...LOL

Well, I did rest for 24 hours...however around 2 pm yesterday.. I got the headache!!! So now I'm in bed, drinking coffee to help speed the blood!! The nurse said to give it 24 hrs & it I am not better, to go to the ER.

I was able to get a copy of the films.....on a CD..how cool!!!

I am SO bored. Hubby took our daughter to the pool....God I love him.....

Have a great day...
  • Hi T. Girl:

Glad to hear that you myelogram was a brief vacation for you....we all need a bit of private time. I just had a Cervical Myelogram done on Friday the 11th and did well. I live in Charlotte, NC. Please feel free to send me a PM.

Hope your results are good ones, I get mine on Friday and am not looking forward to them. I had a 3 level ACDF in Feb. A 3 level Lumbar Laminectomy in April which got infected and in early May had to have a Incision and drainage. The ACDF was to keep me out of work 6-8 wks but I was back in 3, Lumbar was to be out 2 weeks, was out 2 months.....now I believe I will be told on Fri that I need additional surgery on the Cspine. I have been away from Spine Health for a long time, just came back and saw your post mentioning Charlotte, so thought I would say " Hi Neighbor"
This discussion has been closed.