Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Tomorrow is the day

glendagglenda Posts: 49
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:19 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Surgery in the morning, so I'll be out for a few days. Just a laminectomy, so should only be in the hospital overnight if all goes well. Will post a progress report soon.

• Good Luck

I had a laminectomy 9 years ago. 100% of L-5 and 50% L-4.
    I developed Post Laminectomy Syndrome and had revision surgery PLIF L-2 thru S-1 in Nov 2007.

• Good luck with your surgury tomorrow.....
  • Let us know how you are doing!

Best Wishes!

Cindy aka Rotten
  • Very best of luck and cheers to a speedy recovery!
  • Hope everything goes just great!
  • Glenda- we will see you on the other side.

Good luck,

• Thanks for all the good thoughts!! I'm having quite a bit of incision pain, but other than that, I'm doing pretty good. My hips, legs and feet are almost symptom free!

I need to crash for awhle. Thanks again for your replies!
  • Congrats and welcome back. I am so glad all went well. Remember take it slow.
  • I've had a rough few days. Left sided hip pain is back with a vengence since Friday. Surgeon told hubby after surgery that he had to move the nerve around quite a bit and was worried I might have numbness. Numbness is definately not the problem I am having. I have been trying to ride it out, thinking that the nerve is inflamed and will calm down.
    Also having issues with urination..takes a minute or so to get started, go a little bit, stop, then have to start over again, and again... And never feel like I have finished. Could this also be an inflamation problem?
    I know these are questions that I need to ask my NS, but he was in surgery today, and I won't get a call back till sometime tomorrow. If we had a decent emergency room anywhere close I would have already been there.
    I can't stand or walk for more than a couple of minutes at a time without muscle spasms starting in.
    I've got to get back to bed, lying on right side seems to be the only relief I have right now. Just wondering if anyone else has experienced similar post-op problems?

• NS called me in a scrip for steroid dose pack yesterday, and I can empty my bladder again! What a relief! So I suppose that answers that queston. My left sided pain was about the same this morning, but was late with pain medication, so I am encouraged that all is well, or is at least getting there...
  • Glad to hear that you are doing better and your bladder problem is resolved.

Try to take it easy. It does get better!
  • Thanks for the reply! I hope all is well with you.
  • Glenda, I'm glad you started to get a relief. After surgery I had the spasm promblems with my left hip. I never had problems in my left hip before surgery.. I had the steroid 5 day pak too and it helped a little. then my next visit to him he gave me a steroid shot which dimished the pain almost instantly.... the pain came back few weeks later and it used to get aggrivated while I walked and when I used to sleep on that side or sit for long. After I started pt It got much better and now I hardly ever get this pain again...
    So, there's hope just recovery takes patience and a long time..

Best of luck to you and please keep posting and let's know how you're doing... You can pm me if you want or have any questions..

Lotus :)
  • While the hip pain was painful and scary, I was used to that. It was the urination issue that had me freaked out! After 3rd day of steroid dose pack things are mostly back to normal in that aspect. Hip is still a bit painful, but so much better than Monday that I have had a narcotic free day today! Ibuprophen and valium for me so far today. I want to get totally off the narcotics as soon as possible this time because I had such a horrific time with them in 2003. I guess I should say I had a really good relationship with them in 2003 to everyone else's dismay. My dismay came when I got off of them. :)
  • Hi I just saw your posting and by now you have had your surgery but wanted to offer you many healing prayers for a successful recovery.
  • I've had a pretty good day. Took my last steroid dose today, so hopefully all will continue to get better! :)