Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Disability Claim

I am out of work almost two years now and I can barely walk. I walk with the use of a cane. I have problems with my left shoulder and cannot lift my left. My x-rays came back that I have a downward sloping acronium or something like that. I have been diagnosed with arthritis in my back, lumbar stenosis ddd, djd, chronic pain syndrome, arthropothy, and have had two doctors say I can't work. My chiropractor said she had never seen such an extensive MRI, there is so much in my MRI. Anyway, I only have county insurance right now, which means I don't pay for my own insurance, the county does, and the orthopedic doctor just told me I don't qualify for disability. He said because I don't need surgery and I don't have cancer!!!! I have all these other doctors saying I do qualify, but he said I just need pain management. I don't need surgery and I don't have cancer so I am not disabled. It doesn't matter I have no quality of life and cannot work anymore. I worked my whole life. I am only 52 but I am in pain. Anyway, my question is, does his opinion have to be included in my case? I haven't spoke to my attorney yet. I have to call her in the morning. I am very upset. This doctor is sending me for injections. The physical therapy has not helped. ( I did 4 weeks). Is his word gold or will my MRI speak for itself. Two other doctors said the MRI is a diagnosis. I just saw the primary doctor at county last week and he diagnosed me sever parasthesius and chronic pain disorder. I am also diagnosed and being treated for bipolar with panic disorder. Can I still win my case even though he is not agreeing with me? He is the orthopedic surgeon. By the way, he does know the county won't want to pay for a surgery but they will pay him for these injections he is sending me for. He compared my MRI disc to some other disc and I said it could be from a 95 year old woman for all I knew. He never ever went over all the text in my MRI. I have a serious amount of damage to my back, so I am told by others. Please, any advice asap will be greatly appreciated.
Thank you,

• SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 5,427
    I think it is good you are talking with your Disability attorney soon.
    He is the best one to guide you. What to say...not say..do...and not do.

I'm not a candidate for surgery and don't have cancer and I was granted disability ...within six months.

You say you are being treated for bi polar and panic attacks. I think that doctor .....treating those conditions.....would be very useful to your case.
    My depression was included in my case. While trying to work and deal with the pain I started crying unpredictable times at work. My whole being was involved with the chronic pain. My psychiatrist's input was very helpful.

You mention that doctors have told you MRI is..in itself..a diagnosis.
    That has not been my experience. The doctor initially reading MRI and type notes of findings.
    But my doctors, esp my PM/neurologist doc, have most of the time disagreed with the original findings.
    He always wants to read test results for himself and has even shared complaint with me about how this wasn't seen or noted by original reader of MRI, as he is explaining test results to me...and showing me areas that were ignored, but my doc saw.

He explained not to believe what I read as MRI is diagnostic tool....but prescribing doctor is the judge of if it is useful in making diagnosis from it......or using it to rule something out.

But that, too, may be good question for attorney.
    And since two doctors are seeing issues that indicate your body can not work.....I can understand your frustration of .....what more can I do ?...........Thank goodness you have an attorney.
    How do they expect someone with chronic pain to deal with all that is involved with Disability? Many do and props to them!
    But attorney assisting gave me more peace of mind.

Very best to you as you go forward. Try not to become to upset during the process. Ask attorney to help take as much pressure off of you as possible.
    Spine-Health Moderator
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History