Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Neck gets "stuck" when moving

So I am a little concerned with this. I have had a few fusion surgeries done (1st fusion was a C1-C2, 2nd fusion extended up to Occiput., 3rd fusion was extended with a partial hardware removal due to screw loosening) so currently I have hardware in my C1 to my C3. Before this last surety I experienced clicking which was believed to be my screws because they were some at out of the bone. I recently started having slight clicking again but you couldn't feel the screw from the outside like before. My massage therapist used to be able to move the screws. Well I was in a small accident Saturday and am believed to have whiplash. I felt clicking from the outside again and was concerned so went to my massage therapist to quickley see if she was able to feel it. She was able to immediatly feel it and she stopped right then and there and requested I emailed my surgeon (which I have, she's in surgery today so I'm waiting for her response). However for the past few days my neck feels like it gets caught or stuck when rotating and it clicks loudly if I try to push it and it's very painful. Has anyone else had this with screw loosening or had this in general and what was it? I was finally released to do PT and my first appointment is tomorrow which I want to keep if it's not a concern. I just want to know if this should be concerning to me or if I'm overly worrying. Again I am still waiting for my surgeon.

• If it was me, I would have gone to the ER immediately to get checked out. The impact could have caused another injury, especially since you're getting "stuck." Waiting for your Surgeon to call may be a long, tedious, anxious wait. Go to the ER and get checked out to make sure, then call your Surgeon!

Sending prayers your way.... Keep us posted.

Realize that FEAR is our worst enemy. Get up & get out in that stormy weather of the real world & kick fear in the teeth. Stare at it dead in the eyes & walk right through it into the storm; because once you're wet, you won’t fear the rain anymore
  • We finally heard back from my surgeon and she wants to see me on Monday for an urgent appointment. I called my primary care who didn't want to see me and he was shocked that the nobody contacted me back quickly. He had a nurse call her and she was in the OR but she answered anyways and when she heard about me being in an accident she was shocked. I definitely can feel clicking on the outside near my scar so it makes me worry something moved. My neurosurgeon said she is worried about it but wants me to see her directly because I have such a complex case (don't we all). Hopefully everything looks fine! We shall see!