Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Trigger PoinT Injections... Pain, help.

Went in for a follow up yesterday to let the doc know the recent facet joint injections did nothing for my pain. He said lets try trigger point injections, I can do them now, you may be sore for a few days... I didn't ask too many questions bc after all the cortisone shots I figured it couldn't be that bad. And no time for research.. It was quick 2 minutes..

I am in so much pain since yesterday when the novicane wore off. He said to follow up in a week and we will decide on if we need an EMG. (Doing my Research on that!!)

It is Lower left side back pain radiates to butt area and stops. Since yesterday I've felt all kids of weird random pains in the area sharp, stabbing, throbbing and it is extremely sore and painful.

How long is the pain supposed to last??

• SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 5,476
    edited 05/15/2015 - 7:32 PM
    I had EMG ......and that experience is different for each individual

For me..it was painless and gave doctor information about spinal issues ....even issues that I never even gave voice to complaint. It was very informative for me.

That was able for doctor to be pointed in right direction to help my ever increasing, life changing pain.
    I found pain control to be a matter of trial .......and try again.

It's so good you have a doctor willing to try to see how to best treat you. A doctor you can communicate with.....priceless
    Spine-Health Moderator
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History

• Still in Pain 5 days later..

Went for a walk yesterday and today.
    Today was a lot of very steep long inclines/hills. The pain is radiating from lower back down buttocks to my thigh. I thought I was starting to feel it go down to my foot but could just be from the new walk this morning.

I guess a EMG is next!
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,859
    are administered correctly, you should not have any discomfort 24 hours after the injection.

Many times, when people do have discomfort it was a result or really a lack of never icing the area after the injection. Any time I have had trigger points, my doctor always iced the area for at least 20 minutes and told me to ice it several times during the next 24 hours.

Doing, that I never experienced any pain, but instead pain relief.

Since this is going onto day 5, I would contact your doctor to discuss this.
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • He told me that it will be sore but he never mentioned icing it!!