Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Lower back pain, DDD, left glute & hamstring sciatic pain, finally cortisone injection

Hello Everyone!

I was unsure of the proper location to place my question since I do have DDD, bulging disc on left side of L4, and sciatic pain on left glute.

I remember the sciatic pain in left glute starting in 2013. I did several physical therapy sessions and it went away. October 2014 it return right before a crossfit competition i was training for. I went to pt and worked it out and was able to place 2nd. anyway, after the competition i just wasn't the same. i had lower back pain. my back was extremely tight in the morning and it took quite a bit for it to warm up and me to bend over and tie my shoes. i had sciatic pain in my left glute, thigh, and my left hip was extremely tight. it created pain when putting weight on my left left, when trying to walk. i took 6 weeks off rested, ice, and heat and it just seem to not improve as i thought it would.

i had a mri in january 2015. it showed DDD, bulge disc in L4 on left, and bone spur. i continued with PT. i just had an epidoral coritsone injection last week. i had both on the left side. i felt brand new. 90 % improvement and i took it easy. i did yoga 2 days and crossfit but only body weight movements, not weighted barbells. something created the sciatic pain in left glute this tuesday and it took 3 days for me to get back to feeling better.

My question is ... can a person receive injections for sciatic glute pain only? Why would my lower back feel much better from injection but not glute with sciatic pain?
Lumbar Radiculopathy
L4 - L5 Diffused Annular Disc Bulge
L5 - S1 Diffuse Concentric Disc Bulge, caused neural foraminal canal narrowing bilaterally, left more significant
Sciatic pain on left left