Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

2 Years Post Op L5/S1 TLIF

After two years, my pain has returned from mid-back down to my buttocks (both right and left), down the left leg into the top of my foot. I'm scheduled for a MRI 19 May but won't see my doc until 17 June. The NP stated that heavy coughing and constipation problems can cause disc herniation above the fusion level.

Has anyone any thoughts about what might be causing my pain? Norco is like eating M&Ms... no change in pain level. Wake up at about level 3 pain and by mid to late afternoon, i'm easily at pain level 6. Sitting in my hot tub helps moderate the pain but does not alleviate it.

Any thoughts would be helpful as my wife is undergoing breast cancer treatment and I cannot afford to be down for long.

Chuck in Indianapolis

Chuck in Indianapolis

• First,I am very sorry to hear you are having the return of major pain. I would not recommend another surgery. Guess would start with visiting Dr for some insight. Maybe some imaging would show the culprit of the returning pain. I hear ya on the pills. Do you use an ice pack? I have large ice pack ordered via physical therapist and before I go to my pills I will lay on the ice pack for relief. The cold pack helps me a lot. I also am on Celebrex for reducing the inflammation and it seems to help also. Not sure if any of this helps you out but thought I would share with you. I'll say a prayer for you man and for your wife too.
    Jay C.
    2 yrs post op l5s1 fusion Ortho.