Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

5 Months Post-Op ALIF Update

I saw my surgeon yesterday and explained to him that the pain is almost the same as it was preop, the numbness down my legs, and the numbness and burning sensation in my feet. He had me get x-rays from the "T" section all the way down to the "S" section. X-rays were fine and so we're previous MRI. So now he wants me to go for L5/S1 Facet injections because it "might" be the facet joints that can be causing all of this pain. He said that if the facet joints are bad that he'd have to do a posterior facet fusion :0 (YIKES!!!) I want to try and avoid another surgery at all costs if possible. The good part is that he and my pain management Dr both agree that I'm a good candidate for the neurostimulator implant. This makes me happy since I use my TENS Unit on a daily basis and it seems to help more than my daily regimen of pain pills. I just need to find out how long the battery lasts on the implant since I go through 9 volts every three days(Energizer and Duracell must love me). I see my pain management again this Friday to discuss the injection and implant so I'll be back next week for an update. Until then, if any of you on this forum have a neurostimulator implant or had facet injection please post your pros and cons for both and have a great weekend.