Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Surgery recovery

Hi just want to say I am grateful to be on this site. I had cervical fusion with cage at C5-7 almost 4 weeks ago. At first I was astounded at the return of feeling and relief from pain the surgery produced but after 4 weeks I have days when I feel as if I can barely get out of bed. I had assumed it would be all uphill from my release from the hospital date but this has been a roller coaster with the return of spasms and pain if I dare push the boundaries. Is this normal? Does the pain come and go and how long will it be before I can resume normal activity without fear of bringing about another cycle of pain? Can someone who is farther along than I am give me some anecdotal details of what to expect?

• SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 5,427
    Your questions are very good ones.
    Have you asked your doctor?

Someone who has had similar situation may come along and share their experience, but everyone is so individual.
    Your doctor is best to guide you and or reassure you.

You said you have increase of spasms and pain if you dare push the boundaries.
    Being almost 4 weeks post op.....just curious......why would you push the boundaries?
    Spine-Health Moderator
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History

• Hi I'm in so much pain my lower back down my butt around my left thigh down the side of my left hip down my leg on top of my foot and up underneath my foot. My left side arm is hurting I wake up in the morning and I can't left my left leg ,walking,standing,setting hurts I can only manage a few minutes and I'm back in pain I'm on tramadol I have to take four just to move around just a little this been going on a long time I've been in tharpy and a back brace nothing seams to work I was working had to stop to much pain I'm on workers compensation and I think that's why there not helping me I'm stressed out can't pay my rent they didn't pay couldn't go to the doctor because he was out of town so I been suffering with all this pain he's reception told me to rest and she'll send me some more tramadol I got 40 pills I only have four left I got them on5/7/2015 it's now 5/19/2015 nothing seams to work please help me tell me what to do I been praying each and every day and reading my bible
  • SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 5,427
    I noticed this is your first post and you are introducing yourself in new member section.

However, you added to someone else's post. I came across your post accidentally.

I would suggest that you copy and paste your post...back to new member introductions...but start your own post.
    On the left of the page...it lists...****forum tools****.....then....*****.post topic.****

That would be your own information. You will not be piggybacking.....or hijacking....someone else's post.
    Other members will read and respond, as they relate to your situation.
    You will also be welcomed by one of the moderators, who will give you info on how to best navigate this site and best for getting info to your concerns.
    Spine-Health Moderator
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History