Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Really Scared

VHDudeVVHDude Posts: 47
edited 05/17/2015 - 4:09 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
Hey everyone. About two months ago i suffered from a trap strain. I was getting tingling sensations in my arm as well. That went on for about a week. The tingling subsided but the pain was still present. I Went to the doctor and he told me to go see physical therapy. He told me i just strained my trap. Didn't do an MRI. A week later i saw a therapist and around the same time the tingling started. She was MAD that my doctor didn't order an MRI. After doing some exercises with her she said it seemed like I pinched a nerve in my cervical spine. About a week later i was getting bad paralysis in my right arm and weakness in my leg. I went to the ER. They did a CT scan thinking stroke. Nothing unusual showed up. They told me the weakness in my leg was probably anxiety. I went to my doctor two days later and he told me to keep doing therapy..you'll be fine. After a few more therapy sessions i was feeling great. Not 100%..but the tingling and neck pain subsided tremendously.

I returned to the gym to do light workouts. I really took it easy. After a couple of weeks I elevated the weight in the gym. Still feeling pretty good. Last week i started getting sensations in my right leg, my neck felt heavy, my neck range of motion was poor, I'm starting to stumble, I'm clumsey with my hands, I have dizziness, and I'm getting weakness in my right arm.

I followed up with my doctor..again..he did nothing. He told me to continue to do the exercises that I was taught by my physical therapist. I was upset because I knew something was wrong. I was scared. One night last week I woke up in the worst pain of my life. I had burning sensations in my right wrist and leg. I did some wrist exercises and the pain went away. The leg took a little longer than my wrist. I found that VERY strange. A few days ago the left said of mg neck started swelling. It starting to turn blue. I called my doctor and they told me to go to Urgent Care. The Urgent Care just did an Xray and found nothing. The swelling went down the next day. I visited an Orthopedic Doctor. He did an MRI on my neck. He said, "it sounds like you may have re- aggrivated the nerve or you herniated a disc." Some of my symptoms still had him a little baffled. I go to his office for the results on Monday. I'm really scared something bad is going on. Right now I don't have have any major pain. I never really did. What has me worried now Is my balance, slight vertigo, neck range of motion, and stumbling that just started occuring. The symptoms subside with heat and Epsom lotion. I'm really scared. Maybe I'm just freaking out. If anyone could provide any in site in what may be happening would greatly appreciated.