Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Please Explain my MRI Results

jschier23jjschier23 Posts: 1
edited 05/17/2015 - 4:08 AM in Lower Back Pain
IMPRESSION: Mild facet anthropathy at L4-5 and L5-S1 , otherwise normal MRI of the lumbar spine.

Im 24 years old male 6'1 190
I've had active lifestyle throughout my life cardio swimming running jump rope (3 - 5 miles 3 days a week) (Jump rope 20 minutes)
Lower Body workouts: squats lunges forward and reverse calf raises
Upper body push ups pull ups bench press tri extensions
Core sit ups crunches planks glute bridges single leg raises pelvic tilts mountain climbers squat thrust

Are these exercises still safe with the condition i'm now in? (They don't seem to cause any more pain. )

Also I hurt my arm in July 2015 and wasn't able to workout out again until Feb 2015 and that is when i first started to experience the low back pain lower right back / lower right glute / right side of hip outside / tingling in right foot sometimes. So i stopped working out in Feb and started back up slowly again in April. I still have dull achey pain. Sometimes it stings depending on what position i am in. But i feel it has gotten better since Feb when i first started to experience the pain.

Could this be caused by a muscle imbalance? Maybe because i took a long time off of working out?

• jan1of1jjan1of1 Posts: 7
    edited 05/19/2015 - 6:21 AM
    First....don't panic. Second, talk to your doc about the results. My OPINION: Modify your lifestyle NOW. I'm 60 and just had a L4 L5 S1 fusion of my back. Yes it was due to degenerative disease hasten by my lifestyle. I was a runner - pounded my spine almost everyday. I did a lot of extreme sports requiring twisting with loads. I'm now paying for the sins of my past. My advice - slow down, don't be a fanatic about working out. Start a WALKING program while modifying your diet to keep the weight off. Decompression of the spine provides temporary fix. If you continue to do what you are doing the pain will NOT go away. Also you must realize the pain you are experiencing is now your new normal. If you can get that into your head and modify your lifestyle slightly you will have a long surgery-free life. Be happy and well - you only have one body so take good care of it.

Note As always, remember any advice given by a member here should never be considered medical advice. It comes only from personal experiences. Before taking on any exercise program and/or diet, first review it with your doctor. What works for one person, my be a problem for another...
    --- Ron DiLauro, Spine-Health System Moderator 05/19/15
  • SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 5,476
    edited 05/31/2015 - 5:39 AM
    ....the welcome forum...first in list of forums.
    You will read info re how to best navigate this site for best results for you.

There is also a ...search...on this site, upper right, top of page.
    Type in any concerns and you may be led to older posts, articles, videos....all done in every person language, so easy to understand.
    You mat find beneficial to you.
    Spine-Health Moderator
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History