Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

MrsBrownMMrsBrown Posts: 5
edited 05/17/2015 - 4:08 AM in New Member Introductions
Hello fellow citizens, my name is Kristie. I am almost 3 weeks post on from a PLIF at L4/5 and L5/S1. I am trying very hard to follow doctors orders because I very much needed for this surgery to be successful. I welcome any and all advice on recovery. I'm struggling with boredom and frustration and feel like I may be pushing too hard considering my continued level of pain and stiffness.

• SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 5,476
    Being almost three weeks post op is not a very long time.
    With limited activity, you can expect some boredom and frustration.

Follow your doctor instruction for the best future success of your surgery. Re injuring or having complications can be worse than the temporary boredom....although it may seem to you to be going on forever at this time.

I think coming onto this site is a good step. It can be a pleasant distraction as you share with others and or research topics of interest to you.
    There is a ....search...at top right of page. For your concerns or interests.....you may be led to old posts with info helpful to you. And or articles and videos. There is a wealth of information here.

Now may be the time to delve into other interests you may have ......that allow for passive physical activity...while you are recuperating. You do not want to tempt yourself to push yourself past doctor's advice.

There is post on this site.....the blend.....
    You may find it useful as it describes variety of ways of coping.

My very best to you in your slow and steady and successful recovery!
    Spine-Health Moderator
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History

• Thank you very much for your response. I have figured out over the last few days of reading through these forums that I am pushing myself way too hard to recover.