Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Why am I still waiting to see consultant after MRI scan shows major herniated discs in top & bottom

I am very confused & scared after my gp told me the results of my mri scan 2 wks ago yet I still havn't received a follow up appointment from my consultant?
I have suffered chronic/severe back pain for so long ive lost track of years, although it is with great relief to actually know now what has been causing it I cannot understand why I was not contacted immediately after my gp had the results? From the research I have trawled through for wks I have also deduced that not only do I have 3 herniated discs in top of spine & 4 much worse ones in lumbar region but also that the symptoms I had & the reason my gp sent me for an urgent scan tells me without doubt she suspected Clauda Equina Syndrome. I genuinely believe I have that also but still no appointment ? I'm so scared and In constant pain 24/7 even with all the medication I'm taking!
I take Tapentadol, morphine release tablets, morphine oral medicine and still have no relief bar when I have to take sleeping tablets to knock me out on a night!
I'm at a loss as to what to do and have tried to get an app to either speak to or see my gp but cannot get one!

• was get the MRI in a cd and call a neurosurgeon myself. Even so it has taken a while to get the visit and schedule surgery. I know for me the anxiety level went way up once I got the MRI report. Be gentle with yourself and keep us posted.

• It can take some time to get in to see a spine surgeon.
    As difficult as it is, it is best not to jump to any conclusions based on the reports, and self diagnose.
    I am guessing you are in the UK, based on using the term consultant.
    If you don't hear back from your gp in a few more days, try calling again to inquire about the referral.
    Good luck to you.