Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

New Guy Here

I'm not sure what protocol is but I'll just say I'm 32 with recent chronic back pain, by recent I mean since age 29 (I know there are worse sufferes out there). Pain got worse and I kept taking ibuprofen, and up and up the pain and dosage went. I received an L5/S1 X-ray coming up on 2 years and the radiologist said no abnormalities. Life went on, pain continued until my wife noticed and we sought a doctor.

By this time I've already seen an acupuncturist 52 times which was my main source of pain relief and physical therapy 32 times. No progress. I found an better qualified Internalist for his opinion and it was MRI right away something was out of the ordinary. Got my MRI and showed bone degration, arthritis setting in (Not Rheumatoid) and the L5 looked like a triangle smashed with my S1.

Eventually I landed at a pain clinic where I had Radio Frequency Ablasion done on all Medial Branch Block Nerves from L5 to S2. Still no major improvements. Months of opiates later I am finally apprved for Spinal Cord Stimulator Trial set for June 1st. I am cautiously optimistic, don't want to put all my hopes into this one diagnostic procedure, but feel like I'm coming close to no fix. It has taken a toll on my marriage, interaction with my 5 year old son, and makes me feel like I'm an invalete

I was curious if anyone could relate or have had a similar situation.

Great to meet everyone, hope to get more involved.

Best Reegrds,

• SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 5,427
    edited 05/18/2015 - 6:23 AM
    On this site, there is much information on the spinal cord stimulator.

If you use the search, on this site, upper right on page, you will be led to much information.

One of SH members has done a journal on her experiences re' the SCS.
    Her name is Kathy. So if you use the search on this site, you will see an option for Kathy's journal on SCS.
    Many on this site have stated they have found it quite informative and helpful.
    Spine-Health Moderator
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History

• I look forward to all this site and members have to offer.