Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

lower back pain with groin pain

I had a l4/l5 microdiscectomy 6 months ago which relieved my sciatic problem in my left leg. I was doing very well for the most part, returning to work 6 weeks after surgery. I was very careful with the no twisting bending and lifting until my surgeon gave me the okay. When he released me i went to the driving range and took some very easy swings with my pitchung wedge and felt great. A couple of days later I started experiencing a stabbing pain in my groin when going from a sitting position to a standing position. The baffling thing about it is it only happens about half the time. I am also feeling like my hip/groin area is not as strong as it should be. I have been doing a lot of stretching exercises and core exercises, as well as the elliptical machine with no pain. The pain in the groin feels like something is being pinched and subsides after a few steps. My PT believes it is the psoas muscle and have been stretching that for a month. Is it possible a nerve has moved and is being pinched when going from a seated to standing position? Would a nerve being pinched make my hip/ groin area feel week? I was wonder if anyone else has experienced something like this and could relate their experience. I am getting frustrated as I have Disney trip planned in about a month and all that walking has me concerned.

• patrain17ppatrain17 Ottawa area, CanadaPosts: 103
    I've been having those symptoms for years and things aren't getting any better. Hips are horrible and groins sometime make me loose my step. I also have testicular pain from time to time. From what my neurosurgeon told me, it's related to my lumber spine problems. I am seeing him next week and will talk to him about those really nagging symptoms. Last time I saw him he just told I had other more important problems to take care of. That's why he didn't put too much emphasis on my lower back problem. I hope this time we can talk about solutions.
  • I would love to hear what your surgeon tell you. I am meeting my PT at the health club tomorrow afternoon ,he says he wants to take a more aggressive approach to rehabbing my problem. I know the psoas muscle connects with the upper leg and goes through the pelvis and connects to the lower spine and when tight can cause lower back pain and pain in the groin. He said when I started seeing him he said it was very tight and at my last visit he said it seemed to have loosen up quite a bit, so I hope to get some more answers tomorrow.

I also asked him on the phone about nerve flossing and he said we would talk tomorrow about that as well.

I while keep you up to date on it and hopefully we can find a solution.