Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Tape over incision

Christina69CChristina69 Posts: 534
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:19 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
I still have tape covering the incision that the nurse said would fall off by itself. I am 2 weeks post-op. My husband picked the tape off all around the incision but says when he tries to take the tape off right over the incision it looks to him like it'll pull on the stitches so he doesnt want to screw with it too much. Can anyone tell me what to do in this case.

• your doctor about this and ask what you should do. It is probably stuck due to some drainage but I am pretty sure that it will need changing. Let us know what you find out. Take care....Miki
  • Just do as your doc said... let them fall off on their own. They will fall off when they are ready. If you are really thaat concerned call your doc, but experience tells me that they will fall off or peel off when they are ready too. You don't want the incision to open up on you because you were too impatient do you?

(im not trying to sound harsh)
  • and I didnt have any stitches under them, they used a glue and they fell off
    during the shower or my shirt would rub them off so be patient theyll come off... :)
  • I think I'll just do what you say and leave them alone. I certainly dont want the incision to open up....the thought of that makes me sick to my stomach. Jess you didnt sound harsh at all, dont worry about it. :)

Thanks everyone :)
  • doctor told me that the tape will fall off on its own.not to pull it off been 3 weeks still there quess it takes time
  • After 3 days, I was told not to re-bandage. My incision was covered with steri-strips -- so I couldn't see too much except the black mark they put on my neck to show them where to cut. I went back to see the NS 8 days post-op, and his office staff took the steri-strips off with alchohol. It wasn't easy for them to get them off!!! I thought for a minute that they were permanent.

Once off, I looked like I had a fight with Edward Scissorhands!!!

Tomorrow is my second appointment with the NS -- to go over my first set of post-surgery x-rays. I returned to work (part-time) last week and hope to be released to full-time tomorrow.
  • This is my fourth surgery in two and a half years. I have had Steri strips wih glue on each occasion. They will fall off in time or the doctor will remove them. I have a six inch incision right now on my stomach from a two level ALIF on December 10. I am covered with steri strips that look a little grungY. I am not touching those little things ;).

Hang in there!