Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Undiagnosed in Waterloo

Sher123456SSher123456 Posts: 3
edited 05/19/2015 - 9:45 PM in New Member Introductions
Hi there, I'm hoping to meet people who may have almost identical issues as I am having. I have come across a few so created an account in hopes of being able to navigate through here and post in the right spot. So I'll start with here. I am a 38 year old woman who other than endometriosis, has or HAD no other significant health issues. And this brings me to today. So a few months ago I was sitting at work when I felt a piercing pain go down from my right shoulder to my forearm. I thought it was bizarre but let it go. As weeks progressed it happened more and more frequently. Then my left leg started getting a bit of sharp pains. The back and the front, and my calf muscle was very tight for hours. This would happen a lot. I went to the hospital thinking maybe I had a blood clot. No blood clot. So the symptoms stayed as they were for another week or two and then from out of nowhere I had the most Intense and painful neck pains I've ever experienced. It was both in the back and front on both sides. It was into my shoulders and high back. It was like this for about 8 days. I was bawling all the time, couldn't even have anythibg touching it. I slept sitting up and then didn't sleep at all for three days straight Cuz it was so painful. Then it started lessening (I also started physiothetapy in desperation) and next thing I know, My legs get worse. The piercing pains are in both legs, both front and back. The tops of my feet feel achy and I'm getting TONS of muscle twitches, especially in my calves but also my thighs. My newest symptoms which come and go, I wake up feeling like someone drop kicked me in the right thigh, sometimes a bit in the left thigh too. It's closer to my hip than my knees, and my hip bones really hurt too. I've also had the Inside of my knees hurt too. I feel crazy pins and needles in my calves, as well as what I can only describe as a vibrating or buzzing or humming feeling in the calves. I also have burning patches in my shoulders, mostly the right where the original piercing pain began. I also now get a bit of numbness in the middle of my back. And the last two days I've had extreme dizziness. Mind you I did get my blood pressure taken a few days ago and it was pretty low, 95/65. I do go for an MRI of my spine on the 31st of May. On February 28th I had gotten into a VERY mild car accident, my car was trying to go straight on a turn (it was pure ice), and at the last minute it went into the turn and I ended up side swiping a car. My physio thinks it's my discs. But in Both the neck and lower back???? I haven't come across too many profiles with that issue???! PLS someone tell me that they've had very similar issues with both the neck and leg involved, and had it attributed to disks and not MS (my worst fear). Help!!
Severe neck pain,piercing leg pain-both legs,muscle twitches-both legs,bum ache,hips and knees feel bruised,burning pain in right arm & piercing pain from shoulder to fingers,numb patches in middle of back,mild lower back pain

• LizLiz Posts: 7,832
    edited 05/19/2015 - 9:46 PM
    Please take the time to read this post and refer to it when you have questions

I am sure that you will find your time on Spine-Health very rewarding. This site is a powerful and integrated system that is dynamic and growing.
    Here are just some of the highlights that are available as tabs on the main Spine-Health menu bar

Spine-Health Main Menu Tabs

Conditions Detailed medical libraries of articles and videos that address almost every spinal condition.
    Treatment List of treatments to the conditions identified by Spine-Health.
    Wellness Section contains articles, tips and videos to help patients after surgery and also to help people avoid surgery.
    Medical Articles
    Pain Forums These are the forums you will be using
    Find A Doctor This provides with a method to search for doctors in various locations.
    Videos Index to all Spine-Health Videos

As a bonus, Spine-Health provides these patient forums. Here you can meet thousands of people who understand and can relate to your situation. You will soon become part of the Spiney family[/u] who provide comfort and the advantages of a support system. You are now part of this family that is approximately 27,00 international members and growing daily.

- It is very important to understand the Forum Rules to make sure all of your posts[u] do not violate any of the rules.[/u]

- All new members must read our FAQ in order to understand the layout of the forums, how to navigate through the forums, helpful terms, how to make effective threads and posts, plus a link index to many of the important medical forums and key medical articles on Spine-Health Forum FAQ

I am positive any member, new or old will find this Chroinc Pain - Step by Step thread very valuable.

Here are some links that all new members need to review to create effective threads and more

Read before you post
    Tips for Newcomers
    Understanding the rules

All of this will help make your threads better and improve the times and quality of responses you will receive.

You can also find Spine-Health on these Social Networks

Facebook www.facebook.com/spinehealth
    Pinterest http://pinterest.com/spinehealth/boards/
    Twitter https://twitter.com/SpineHealth

If you have any questions or need assistance, you can use the private message facility to[u] contact any one of the Spine-Health Moderators

Doug Hell

Also working with us very closely is Allison Walsh from the Spine-Health company

Liz, Spine-health Moderator

Spinal stenosis since 1995
    Lumber decompression surgery S1 L5-L3[1996]
    Cervical stenosis, so far avoided surgery
  • SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 5,476
    No matter how mild you perceived the car accident to be...it is very important to include that in your information to doctor.
    Many times symptoms can develop after accidents, we hear of that all the time....and who knows what position our bodies can contort into while trying to protect themselves.

Let doctor tell you that your car accident is unrelated.

Please tell doctor about your increased anxiety, also.

Try not to waste your energies on diagnosis you have no basis for..at this point...re MS.
    You'll need your energy for testing doctor will have for you....as he tries to rule out conditions and issues..and continues to investigate the source and or cause of your symptoms.

I wish you all the best!
    Spine-Health Moderator
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History

• Sher123456SSher123456 Posts: 3
    edited 05/22/2015 - 6:00 PM
    Hi Savage
    Thankyou for your opinions - they're appreciated. I am trying to not drive myself crazy with diagnoses, but it is very hard when your body feels like this and you know something is very wrong. I did have crazy anxiety at first but now I seem to have a handle on it. But the anxiety was very very bad at first I will admit it. However I know that I have to deal with this regardless and that freaking out over it will just make me worse.
    In regards to the car accident, you're right. I will make sure I emphasize how important it is that I was in a car accident. My physio keeps telling me that my discs could have herniated from it., which is what he thinks has happened to my neck but not my legs.
    Is there an area within this site that others could share similar experiences ? Id really like to meet someone who has had both neck and leg pain, or even similar leg pain. Most people just have it in one leg not two. Do you know where I could post ?
    Thanks again for the thoughts and advice!
    Severe neck pain,piercing leg pain-both legs,muscle twitches-both legs,bum ache,hips and knees feel bruised,burning pain in right arm & piercing pain from shoulder to fingers,numb patches in middle of back,mild lower back pain
  • SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 5,476
    I would think posting in...chronic pain...good idea.

You may attract more people with similarities if the heading of your ......post topic......clear about what you're looking for.
    Such as......anyone with both neck and leg pain......something like that.

On the left of page..it has area for ...view recent posts..... Many could find your post there and follow you to chronic pain.

Shared experiences may also lead you to questions you might want to ask your doctor.

Then as you're sharing, well, I for one would be curious to learn what parts of your spine effected and you may have more info on that after your MRI on the 31st.

If you tap on my name...it will lead you to read my spine..and other conditions of my daily life. I can relate with you somewhat, but my cervical issues do not bother me too much.

I look forward to following your post!

Spine-Health Moderator
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History