Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Great Weight loss exercises for a person with a herniated disc?

marentes133mmarentes133 Posts: 7
edited 05/19/2015 - 1:48 PM in Diet, Nutrition, Weight Loss
hi my name chris I'm 19 and I have a herniated disc. I haven't been seriously active since July 2014 because of it. Now the pain is very tolerable!! But overtime I have gained weight. I'm 5'11 and I used to weigh 170 but now I weigh in at 195 I need some help to get back to my usual weight because I can't stand feeling unhealthy! Can you please recommend some exercises? Or foods I should eat?

• SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 5,427
    I would think, whichever doctor is controlling your pain, that is the one to ask about your activity level and any restrictions.

Re your diet...you might want referral to dietician. She can help you with effective and yet satisfying diet for weight loss esp with limited activity.

I wish you the best
    Spine-Health Moderator
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History

• cspencer13ccspencer13 CaliforniaPosts: 37
    My back got super bad this past year, so I got a gym membership and did A LOT of low impact cardio.....lots of stationary bikes, recumbent bikes, ellipticals, and a little on the treadmill. All of that stuff was really easy on my back, maybe those might be some good options for you.

As for food.....the best thing you can do for yourself is to eat whole foods and try to weed out as much processed food as possible. Personally, I tried the Whole30 diet last year and it was really awesome for learning about how to eat. I now east mostly Whole30, and it really helped me learn about how to take care of my own nutrition. 
    39y.o. mom of 4
    3/2/16 - L5/S1 fusion after a decade of trying everything else
    2015 - developed Occipical Neuralgia and bulges at C4/5 and C5/6