Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Sacro-illiac joint pain and Radiofrequency Neurotomy

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,622
Hi

After years of treatment and surgery for sciatica all to no avail, I have been diagnosed with SI joint syndrome after some cortisone shots gave positive results.

Has anyone out there had Radiofrequency Neurotomy for SI joint related sciatica? and did you get any pain relief from it?

Regards

Rob
advertisement

Comments

• I've had three rhizotomies (bilaterally from L2 to S1) along with cortisone injections into the SI joints at the same time (under general anaesthetic); I don't think that is the same treatment, but I know I got immediate, incredible relief from it!

Tracy
  • I had this before my 2nd surgery. It did really help with that specific problem.
    But - they do not tell you this - it is like recovering from minor surgery. I hurt worse for about 4 weeks. The nerves have to heal as they are burning them.
    A friend of mine just had this done without any warning and is still recovering. She now calls me before any procedure since I have had so many!
    Good Luck!
  • Thanks for your comments..........how long did the benefit of RF last?

Regards

Rob
  • ...if you're lucky! ;) I only had relief for four to six weeks with the first two, but the third one gave me relief for about six months, which was awesome.

I didn't have trouble with increased pain in my neck and low back afterwards (other than immediately after the surgery), so I was lucky. I have really suffered immediately after surgery until the nerve pain is under control, but then it settles down by that night for me.

Tracy
  • oh..my..god..!! i had surgery 4 years ago on my L4/L5,L5/S1 to get rid of my sciatica and general horrible pain, and now i have s.i. joint problems!! this sucks..
  • I have had many rf for my left SI and lumbar spine as well as my neck for the most part they worked, Recently I began having very severe Right SI problems. It was afeccting my right si , lower back and even my stomach. Monday I had r/s rf. Of all rhe rf's I have had this hurt the worse. the burning was intense, they gave me 30mg of toradol iv during the procedure and 30 im after. when I got home around bed time it started bothering me some what so I took 2 5-325 percocets. when I got up today I felt better than I have in a long time very little stomach pain and almost no rs SI pain. I went to work today and put in almost a full day with still very little pain. Of all the shots and rf's I have had this one so far has turned out the best. Now if I can get rid of the shoulder problems!
advertisement