Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Sorry but i'm always in a horrid angry mood due to zero pain relief

sSUXssSUX Posts: 2
edited 05/26/2015 - 4:18 AM in New Member Introductions
I'm not one of those people who can pretend I'm ok when I'm not. The longer I have the pain w no relief the worse my mood and attitude. I don't mean it personally I used to be a happy carefree person before I injured my back l3 and l5 now l4 is involved since I slipped on the ice and landed full force on the edge of stone steps with my spine one inch from where the injury was. The force of impact split off a splinter of a bone which lodged in my lower left buttocks/hip area. my hip swelled up the size of a basketball. no lie, normally it is flat as a pancake. I lie on the ground w it lightly snowing for a half hour before i tried to stand up. Everything started spinning and the pain was so severe I thought I would pass out as I got shaky and clammy and dizzy all at once. I lay back on the ground, made 2 more attemps before i could pull myself up and into the house grabbing an icebag on my way to my bed where I collapsed after putting the ice on the injury. My phone is not in my bedroom. i was in too much pain to try to get up to call an ambulance. I tried a few times and each time I stood up I felt like I would pass out. I had a water next to my bed and some advil i took those and the pain only got worse. luckily i had snacks in my drawer cuz I could not walk for days. I had puppy pads nearby so i used those. by the 3rd day i could walk. I was bruised black and blue w shades of yellow all over a 3 ft area of my back hip and side. I took pics of the injury but because I didn't go to the hospital I think thats why they never gave me pain meds. i couldn't get to the phone! So now i suffer horribly and wonder what did I do to deserve this? I always helped people and rescued animals. now when I'm hurt no one helps me.

• What was the injury at the other levels and what type of testing has been done? What were you told is going on with your back? What treatments or therapies have you undergone? Have you had imaging done to confirm any problems?
    Doctors don't give out pain meds without knowing what's causing the pain.