Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Increased pain

Had surgery in November 2014, now I have permanent S1 nerve damage.. I have been having increased pain the last couple of months. And have fallen a couple times. Has anyone else has had this problem?

• I have nerve damage and have lost the use of a reflex in my right foot which causes me to stumble when adjusting position if I am not concentrating. I have numbness in my thigh, calf and three quarters of my right foot. Unfortunately nerves can take a long time to heal and can cause pain during this process. I view the reduction of numbness in the future as a bonus if it happens and try to think I am lucky that I will still be able to drive after recovery :-)

You didn't say which part of your back is affected or the type of surgery you had?
    L5/S1 herniation Apr 2013
    nerve root injections Oct 2013
    L5/S1 discectomy Jan 2014
    L5/S1 nerve roo &, facet joint injections & edpidural Jan 2015
    L5/S1 revised discectomy, L4/L5 discectomy & Wallis Inswing Stabilisation L4/L5 May 1st 2015

• I had the L5 disectomy. Unfortunately permanent nerve damage is nothing they mentioned to me prior to surgery. I went into surgery thinking they could fix my back abd that would 've the end of it
    With the pain increasing I am concerned that u had screwed up something else. Some days it takes all I have to go to work.
    All I ever here from my PM doctor is I have given you all the meds for nerves and there is nothing I can give you besides pain meds. So depressing!