Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

One Rattled 8 Ball

Hi. Everyone,

I really liked Kathy's post op article and was wondering about your story and if I can pick your brain as I'm starting to have seriou anxiety and second thoughts and I hadn't even done my SCS Trial yet.

I'm 32 overweight but in the last few months have really realized it so I went from about 328 lbs to where I am at now of 291 lbs which was just from diet. I have sever L5/S1 pain, and my mid back cramps so tight I start dropping my feet and tripping/falling.

I do not know what has happened in the last week but I don't feel the shooting 6-7/10 pain, I'm hoping its weight loss, or maybe my anxiety is masking the pain. Anyways how as your success been with your SCS? Was it worth the painful experience? All the research I can find people have negative or neutral success. A lot complain leads are misplaced, or the electricity shoots in their leg or foot, not very encouraging when surgery is scheduled for June 1st and I have my post op this Tuesday. It will be a Medtronic Neurostim and of course from their companies patients experiences are positive, I'm just not sure, I feel like a rattled 8 ball that keeps coming up try again later.

I want to be able to carry my son on my shoulders, hold our second baby, walk the zoo, Disneyland, do field trips, and stand for more than 45 min before it gets so cramped and walk further than 2-3 miles. My concern is that I don't want to put something permanent into my body if I don't have to. I have done Physical Therapy to strengthen the multifidus muscles and my core but I find in PT they're always walking away and don't stay by you much.

Does your SCS help with any of what my symptoms could be, I'm just so nervous that I'm driving my wife crazy with the decision switching. Any advice would be really appreciated. I came to this forum but don't know where really to post this issue since it's probably been posted daily.

Thank you for your time and experience,
I weened myself off all narcotics except the last bit (10mg oxycodone) but that should take 2 days to be done.

• on your weight loss! Sound like you are doing everything you can to help your body get better and heal. You will be in my thoughts and prayers as you head toward your surgery. I will be right behind you on June 9. Healing thoughts and prayers coming your way.